mpls fire department is taking applications

• puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

if anybody is interested. the minneapolis fire department is taking application january 17th – 21st 2006. applications are at all city of minneapolis fire stations. they must be returned to the minneapolis northeast armory at 1025 broadway st n.e. any further information you can call mpls fire dept @ 612-673-2890. anyone from age 18 to 64 can apply……………tom f

pgoetsch337
    Mazeppa, Minnesota

thanks
    hollywood2

puddlepounder

just thought i would add that the only real qualifaction needed is that you have a pulse. all the training is supplied.
    * no experience is required
    * you must be 18 by the close of application
    * you must be able to obtain a drivers license upon hire
    thats it!!
    also, the ability to speak another language is highly desirable

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I read they recently sent letters to 30 some people and they were hired after a freeze was placed on hiring.?

puddlepounder

17 people just finished training and came to the stations the first week of november. they were hired off of a list from 2001. they made 4 or 5 hireings off of that list. they finely let that list run out and are putting a new one together now. most lists only last 2 years but due to the budgit crunch the past few years the city kept using the old list to save money. as far as the freeze went, police and fire were on a hire as needed basis with approval from the mayor.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I got that buddy I told you about that has already completed the process. Does he need to apply again? Hes got EMT cert and scored high on the test, he just wasnt the right color for the job.

puddlepounder

just want to keep this one on the top. this is a realy good job, if you like that kind of work………tom f

CVFishing
    Eau Claire, WI

Tom,

I just looked on the the city’s site, and it doesn’t mention anything about opening up for applications. Do you have to pick an application up at one of the stations?

puddlepounder

app’s are avaliable at all city of minneapolis fire stations. “you have to turn in your application in person”, i repete, “you have to turn in your application in person” at the northeast armory between jan 17th and the 21st. there will applications available there as well. there is also going to be a $20 application fee, payable in cash or money order. don’t get mad at me about the $20 fee, that was added by the city to off set some of the costs of testing and to weed out some of the people that were on the fence and just going to take the test for _hits and giggles………..tom f

CVFishing
    Eau Claire, WI

Thank you very much!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.