Looking for new truck tires?

• DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

I am looking for some new truck tires for my rig.
    I have a 2001 GMC 2500HD PU and I am interested in any reccomendations anyone of you might have?
    I am looking more for mileage tires versus any off road style aggressive lugs.

Also, if there is a good place to go for some decent prices.

Thanks for any help!

ryana24
    Harmony, MN

Quite honestly, the tire that i have had the best luck with is the BF Goodrich a/t, it is a mildly aggresie tread on them. They bite good enough are not real loud on the road and i have gotten very good mileage out of them, my last set went for 56,000 miles i then traded the truck, they are what are on my new truck also. They are also a very nice looking tire, i got them at discout tire in rochester, 285/75/16’s for 690 for the set mounted and balanced. The only one i would say to stay away from is the Cooper s/t’s. I barley got 25,000 out of them. just my 2 cents.

staynchargebob
    Amery, WI

Discount tire has the best prices from what I have found. You can go online and check out if they have it at there stores online at http://www.tires.com

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I agree with Discount Tires. They will also match anyone. Steve, I went with the Yokohoma 265/75/16 $560 installed.

emover
    Malcom, IA

Steve,
    I’ve had real good luck wiht the BFG TA’s as well, but for mileage, I am a big fan of the Michelin LT tires, I ran a set over 88K on my wife’s Blazer, and my daughter had a slightly more agressive set on a Nissan PU that had over 50K when truck was totaled and they still looked almost new. Smooth and quiet, and almost the traction of the BFG’s but better mileage.

dave

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

I guess I forgot to update my post,… I Put BFG’s on every truck I owned until GoodYear just came out with the Wrangler SilentArmor tire 3 months ago. Good year made this tire to match and conquer the performance of the BFG AT. The Wrangler SilentArmor tires are the only light truck tire that come with a 50,000 warranty. the tread life of the BFG’s is what made me change. I could never get more than 35,000 out of a set no matter how well I took care of them. The new wrangler’s are pricy though, but they are now good years top tire above the ATS and RTS which sucked anyways. I’ve had them on for a couple weeks now and I’ll never buy another BFG. Keep in mind thats coming from a guy who would never buy anything but a BFG in the past.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I think the BFG and the new Goodyear’s are good tires, but both are a little more aggressive than what you are looking for IMO. I would look into the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos. I had some on my old truck, my dad has them, and Blue Fleck has them on his now I believe. Great tires, softer quiter highway ride than the BFG, and less expensive than both of those tires.

Ask Blue what he thinks.

bigcrappie
    Blaine

Steve, Just put Firestone A/T on today after lots of research,265/75/16 check this site out http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults look at truck tires Highway/all season.
    I have a email that will get you the A/T’s or the LE’s for $75 each from tires plus,in the store they are $114-$130
    I emailed the Tireplus customer service and after talking about going to Discount they wanted me to stay and got a price quote that is cost on the tires.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Big, is that price installed?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Steve,

I have BF Goodrich on my Jimmy, I used to have the A/T’s and I got over 70,000 miles on them before I changed the out… I went with the GF Goodrich Long Trail this time…A bit less agressive and I have 30,000 on them and they barely show ware…I got mine at Wally World and they were the best price around here..

Stay away from Good Year

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I did a fair amount of research before I bought tires for my 1/2 ton, and the Bridgestone Dueler Revo had by far the best reviews. I’ve had them since last June and I really like them. They’re a great compromise between highway and offroad: quiet, good mileage, but gets me up an icy ramp. I looked around quite a bit on price, and I was as surprised as anyone when I got the best deal at Tires Plus. It cost about $50 more (incl. tax) than ordering the tires over the internet and having them installed by a friend of a friend (at a discount). I figured $50 was worth it to save me the hassle/time involved in getting the tires/truck to the shop, and owing a favor back for the install. I also checked on other shops for installation, and ordering over the internet and having someone install at retail would have actually cost me more than going to Tires Plus.

My truck has 265/70/R17 size tires, and I’m not sure what your 3/4 ton needs. In any case, look at the Dueler Revo. Whatever you do get decent tires, Steve. I don’t want to have to pull you up the 494 ramp this winter!!

Goldpig
    Omaha, NE

I bought the Dueler A/T Revo’s and so far love the tire. They are quiet, look nice, and handle well in the snow and mud. I searched high and low (including the internet) for the best price and wound up at Wright Tire off Hwy. 10 in Anoka next to McDonald’s.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Thanks alot for all the suggestions. I currently have the Bridgestone Dueller Revo’s 265/75’s on my truck now and have 56K on them. They are in need of replacement. I heard great reviews on this tire before I bought them, but a little dissapointed on the mileage I was told I would get out them. They were a noisier tire than the firestone’s that I had on there before plus a bit spendy. They wore really well however. I paid around $725.00 out the door mounted and balanced.

Thanks again guys, I think I may be shopping around a bit more yet.

putzkid
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

I think the BFG and the new Goodyear’s are good tires, but both are a little more aggressive than what you are looking for IMO. I would look into the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos. I had some on my old truck, my dad has them, and Blue Fleck has them on his now I believe. Great tires, softer quiter highway ride than the BFG, and less expensive than both of those tires.

Ask Blue what he thinks.

I agree with the Revos, very quiet and long life. A good website for comparison and pricing is http://www.tirerack.com.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Quote:

Thanks alot for all the suggestions. I currently have the Bridgestone Dueller Revo’s 265/75’s on my truck now and have 56K on them. They are in need of replacement. I heard great reviews on this tire before I bought them, but a little dissapointed on the mileage I was told I would get out them. They were a noisier tire than the firestone’s that I had on there before plus a bit spendy. They wore really well however. I paid around $725.00 out the door mounted and balanced.

Thanks again guys, I think I may be shopping around a bit more yet.

Man Steve, 56K is pretty good on truck tires. Alot of weight to start and stop on a truck.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.