Grandpa’s Favorite Rod Gone?

• tbird171
    Winona, MN

Fish’n story…the in-laws were trolling last Friday with lead-core, Grandpa set his rod down just for a second and it was GONE. Five passes later with deep divers trying to hook the rod, the brother-in-law has a “big” fish on, as he brings it into the net, there’s a second plug in the 22″ eye’s mouth. YEP, the second plug is attached to a line with Granpa’s rod coming up with the 100 feet of line. You decide…was he really hungry enough to hit the second plug, or did the first plug somehow slide down the line of second plug and end up is his mouth?
    Remind’s me of my own bad/good luck a few years ago, I had one of Mike’s Hooked-On custom rods for a couple of weeks and accidently threw it right out of my hand into 18 ft of water on Pepin one morning. The wood handles are great, but the beautiful layers of varnish make them slippery with a slimy hand. We made a dozen passes trying to snag it, but finally gave up. The next day Mike called me and said a gentelmen dropped off a rig that he snagged while trolling the same afternoon, YEP had my name on it. What’s the chances? I think I blew my wad and shouldn’t waste time on on lottery tickets!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.