Bidding on Ebay

• koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

I’m new to the Ebay thing, so please bear with my ignance.

I’m bidding on a prop and I have one other guy who bid more than I did. I have a little over an hour left to bid.

Do I use the auto bid or just watch it and bid if it goes higher?

which is faster?

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Watch it to the end, until there is about one minute left, then enter your bid. It’s easiest if you have high speed connection. If you can’t stick around and watch it you can use the proxy bid system. Just enter your top dollar and see what happens.

evileye
    Milan Il

put the maximum you will pay and e bay will keep your bid just above the highest bid ,if there is a reserve and you bid more than the reserve it will put you in at the reserve

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

I have high speed.

So high speed and is faster that auto bid?

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

Your best bet is to stop bidding altogether and wait until the last minute to do any bidding. In the last minute put in the max you will pay and Ebay will bid up to that in increments rather than your max bid. If you bid early the person you are bidding with will also bid and continue to raise price whereas if you wait until end there wont be a bidding war. This is all of course unless you are bidding on any of my items, then you should bid early and often…lol!

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

Even with high speed you can still get beat at the last minute. You might want to check into auction sniper. There is a small fee but a friend of mine uses it all the time.

duckhunter63
    Eau Claire, WI

Another tip is to put in a bid with a slightly larger amount. If you want to spend $60, put in a bid for $60.58. A lot of times, the extra cents will win you an item.

HenryPF

Ok it’s very simple – sign up for a sniping service. auctionsniper.com is one of them. They charge 1% of the final value.

Just read this: Why you snipe Don’t forget to read the disclaimer at the bottom of the risks involved.

No I don’t work for auctionsniper, I just happen to use them (for the meager things I buy there), but you will get the jist of things by reading that. You can use any sniping service but the above explains why sniping is the only way to go.

And just in case you want to know credentials – I sell on eBay at the tune of $80,000+ a month

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

I sell on eBay at the tune of $80,000+ a month

What do you sell?

rmartin
    United States

I often keep 2 browser windows open to the same item. One has a bid ready to go and the other I keep refresshing to look for price updates. With high speed you can get a bid in with under 30 seconds to go. Ebay uses Pacific time so be sure to pay attention to the posted closing time and convert it to your local time.

danwi
    westby wi

i have often thought about selling on eBay

danwi
    westby wi

all i do is buy,buy,buy

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

Holy beejeebies Henrypf! I do 10% of that and am too busy to fart, how can you keep up?

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Thanks guys.

I did get the prop. I waited untill a minute left then did an auto bid.

I got it for $55 and some change.

A new one is 119.00 so it was a good deal.

Thanks for the help.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Thanks guys.

I did get the prop. I waited untill a minute left then did an auto bid.

I got it for $55 and some change.

A new one is 119.00 so it was a good deal.

Thanks for the help.

Attaboy!

HenryPF

You can find me under drbobstamps on eBay.

Keep in mind I do this for a living so I am at it 40+ hours a week.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.