Lake Edward Brainerd Area

• buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Hi All,
    Heidi and I are taking her dad and uncle fishing tomorrow on Lake Edward just north of Brainerd. Her uncle has a place on the lake so he is familiar with it but I don’t know how much he fishes walleyes

So I am asking for a little help……has anyone fished this lake before in the fall or at all for that matter?? If so a nudge in the right direction as to where to start would be greatly appreciated. I have looked at the map and there are some nice sunken islands that look like they might be good but beyond that I am in the dark never having been there before.

Where is there a good bait shop in Brainerd?? One that is helpful and has quality bait.

We are fishing there on Friday then going to chase eyes on my favorite system Cutfoot and Winnie Sat and Sun….I am way lookin forward to that.

Thanks
    John

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I wish I could help, but I cannot. My grandparents lived on Edward and my uncle fished it a lot. He is a pretty good stick, I tried him, but he wasnt around. It is a nice, clean sandy lake w/ some good structure. I fished it as a boy, but it was over 15 years ago. It has a decent walleye population and you should be able to nail a few anyway.

rywheat

My dad fished it last year and had the best luck in front of the public access I think he said there is a break there and he got a couple nice eyes there

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I would stop in at Sportland BAit in Nisswa. Jason has always sent me in the right direction. I think they are straight west of Edward.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I will call my father and see what he says, he is a guide in that area. I do know that they are the eyes on Gull right now. jigs and redtails or rainbows in 8-12 feet of water. Sportland Bait Shop is a contributing member on IDA and not to far from Lake Edward. Ask for Jason. The rest of the bait shops are Keops, Gander Mnt, Reeds, S&W and some other small mom and pop places.

Ron

fishinallday
    Montrose Mn

Spoke with a freind last night. The trolling bite is going on gull as well. 8-10ft on the rocks in the evening.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I just got off the phone with my father and its snowing up there as I type this.
    He has not fished the lake since August and that’s probably not much help. He did say that Pelican is also kicking out a lot of eyes also.

Ron

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Thanks for the replies!!! I love this site!

I am definitely not against fishing Pelican, Gull or one of the other lakes in that area if the eyes are on the chew.

I would really appreciate it you could shoot me a PM if you find anything specific out. I have never fished any of the lakes in that area and Heidi’s dad wants a few eaters to bring home.

John

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Buckshot, Call me on my cell after noon. I fished gull last week for the first time.

ted-merdan

Fished the Edward from the mid-80’s – 2000 so I have a few spots for you. Redtails are always the key in this lake.

If it were me I would hit Gull right now with Redtails and/or shiners. It’s on fire and you can borrow my reelbottom mmc if it’s compatable with your gps.

Call me if you need either –

ted merdan

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

John-

I fished it opener two years ago and all I had figured out is that it was a trolling night bite at that time.

Pelican would be well worth your time. I have fished it in the fall with positive results.

Good luck!

Sully

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.