FRANK SCHNEIDER MUSKIE TOURNAMENT

• Bob Bowman
    MN

So who’s fishing this year?? I for one can’t wait to get up there and hang with the boys for the weekend. With the cooler weather on the way, what will this year bring? Hopes of a 55″.. Just wondering if any one from IDA will be making an apperance. If so we may need to meet up for a few cold one night after fishing.

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

I’m.. ….. …. ….. Thinking about it

Bob Bowman
    MN

Thinking about the beers….or fishing.

BigDaddyEE

I’m in…fishing it for the first time this year.

Bob Bowman
    MN

Eric, you are going to have a blast, you get to meet a bunch of great people and learn a lot of new stuff. Ask questions about anything that you want, I have found that most of the guys that fish this are very willing to share info on what is working for them. What lakes are you planning on fishing? I think that Dan and I are going to start on leech or cass, depending on the weather. If you see us stop by and say HI. I run a red Ranger 619VS, Dan is a tall native looking SOB he will be in the back, holding the net for me Good luck.

tony m
    byron mn.

I will be back again this year!and hope full like many this will be the year. and if not, like you said it is a great event! good people and lots of info. see you there!!!!!

Bob Bowman
    MN

I see in your bio that you like to go up to longville. Do you have a cabin there? We have a place on Deep Portage off of 87. What lakes do you fish?

BigDaddyEE

We’re probably going to be spending our time on Leech, Big and Wabedo depending on how the fish are moving (or not). It’s been a weird year for me on these lakes, so I’m not sure what to expect in two weeks. As far as Leech goes, I’m only really familiar with the Walker/Agency Bay area and have a nice little milk run of spots that I like to hit there. I’m curious to know what kind of pressure the Lakes get with this tournament. I understand there are about 350 boats that fish the thing, but with as many big bodies of water that can be fished, does it even feel like there is anymore pressure than normal?

Can’t wait to get up there for a couple of days of chucking big wood.

Bob Bowman
    MN

In the past we have fished Portage Bay and it is a ZOO!!! There were times that I think you could have walked downb the bay from boat to boat. Grandview flats gets blasted too. In the last couple of years we have started to hit some other lakes, Bemidji,Big,Wab,Cass and those don’t seem to be as bad. I just can’t stand to fish Portage period. I have had people watch us put up a fish and work it and they will come within a rod length of the boat, I know it’s a tournament but what the hell happened to a little bit of common respect for each other. I have had people troll over lines, just very frustrating. Wab has been a tough nut to crack this year for me, I have spent a lot of time there this year with little to show, a few short fish. Good luck in the tourny

Steve Vick
    New London, MN

Can someone explain the details/format of this tournament? Thanks.

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

I’m in again!!! This will be 10 or 11 years now, I had to change jobs this year just so I could fish it, And it will be worth it, Got a new partner this year & he’s a young buck that’s full of energy, Hoping to draw off him come SUNDAY AM. LOL Good Fishin Doug.
    I will be staying at my cabin just off Little Boy & Ingi.

Bob Bowman
    MN

Steve, this is a tournament that Muskies Inc has been doing for a long time. It starts on friday morning and runs until noon on sunday. Its driven by points. A legal muskie is 40″ nothing under that mark counts for points or prizes. A legal fish that gets boated must be measured and witnessed, also the release has to be witnessed too. There is a form that gets filled out by both the person that boated the fish as well as the witness, at the start of the tourny everyone that is fishing is given a hat that must be on at all times, and must be in the photo too(make sure its on your head guys). A few years back if you remember there was someone that had the hat in the boat, you could see it in the background when he was taking photos of the fish, but that fish got DQ because he was not wearing the hat on his head. If I remember correct it would have been his 4th fish of the tourny,he would have won hands down. what a heart breaker. Also there is a drawing for the grand prize, anyone that boats a legal fish(40″) is put into the drawing, only 1 entry per person reguardless of the number of legal fish boated. The grand prize has always been a Ranger Fisherman. There is also a dead fish catagory but I am not going to even talk about that …. There is a northern pike catagory too.

wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

Hey MrMuskie,

Have you taken him out to get practice with the net yet, LOL

I to will be fishing the tourney with my brother.

Good luck Tmusky and MrMuskie.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.