Road to Recovery from a Fishing Tackle Addict.

• asdfasdf

I get quite a bit of crap for my inability to leave a store without buying tackle. Doesnt matter where or what. It can be a .99 bag of split shots, 2 shad raps, or 10 DT’s. I’ve went a full week now of shopping at any store that carries fishing tackle without buying one dime worth of tackle

Do any of you suffer from the same addiction as me?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Hello, my name is Tom and I am a fishing tackle junky…

As my partner will attest to.

bucky12pt
    Isle Mn

If I got retail for everything I have I could put down one He!! of a nice downpayment on a house!

for the first time I am starting to come around.

I was in gander monday to get the “neccasary” things and was at the counter with 2 new trolling rods and reals and had a moment of clarity and didn’t buy!

if there is a support group count me in, that goes for hunting gear as well,

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

I even look for fishing tackle at the hardware store. I am just thankful that there isnt a late night fishing tackle drive through!

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

Hi, my name is Cheri and I am a fishing tackle addict. I too can not go into ANY store with out buying just one thing to add to the boxes. I have more stuff then I’ll ever use or know what to do with – even down to the stink bait.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Alvin your picture is of one of the prettiest guys i’ve ever seen bar none. Is that what not buying fishing tackle does to you, if it is keep buying all you can get your hands on. Does that person you took the picture of fish at night only lol, Tooooo much im busting a gut

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I gotta say that I too, must join the list of those who have a “problem”! I have cataloged everything I have bought and lost and I’m currently at 1,473 options to choose from, every time I decide to leave the house! And no……. I’m not counting all 25 ‘doos and 25 ringy’s and 25 K-Grubs in every color under the sun! Each bait/color is 1 option and I have multiples of every plastic option! I’d hate to know how many “pieces” of tackle I have on hand! All I know is that when I take the family or some friends, I’ve got enough to share with them and that’s the reason I do it! Nothing worse than finding a bite on a Shad Rap and having to offer them a Jitterbug! Oh yeah…. multiples of the same patterned crank are only 1 option as well…… and I have quite a few multiples in cranks too. Just so long as it’s not a muskie crank……. I can’t hardly afford the first one let alone get a few! lol!

I can be discriminating at the store and start realizing that I’m not collecting tackle. I’m shopping mostly for what I think will work AND WILL GET USED! I think about where I’ll be fishing and what I’ll be fishing for.

The next hurdle is trying to decide what stays home and what gets in the boat! I’m running out of boat!!!

jason26
    Cedar Falls, IA

Quote:

The next hurdle is trying to decide what stays home and what gets in the boat! I’m running out of boat!!!

Amen. especially when i fish with my uncle in a little jon boat which we do offen.

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Ken,
    When I first saw this, I thought of you.

rmartin
    United States

4 tackle boxes in boat, 1 at home. 3 large boxes at home with stuff I think I mighr need some day. Some stuff has never seen a drop of water in over 15 years. 8 rods in boat plus 5 more not used so much.

BobJohnston

I too have a problem Three boats,thirteen tackle boxs full of stuff.

dead-weight
    prescot wi

7-muskie rods with calcutta 400 te 150+ baits
    6-walleye rods with quantums
    4-bass rods
    1-cabelas mag boxes stuffed
    to much tackle thats never seen the boat and stuff thats in the boat that dont get used
    its new i see it i got to have it!!!!!
    its a sickness all us fishermen have and my woman hates it but i love to fish when i can

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Hi, I’m Bill and I’m a fishing tackle addict big time. I quit smoking at age 34 and quit drinking years before that and all that money can sure buy ALOT of boats, rods, reels, tackle etc over the years. But of those three addicting things I mentioned, I have to say that the fishing addiction is ALOT more fun and healthier too.
    Thanks, Bill

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I finally told the wife that I have too much fishing tackle.

I really think that is the first step.
    I know when I go to Gander and I have a better selection then they do for plastics, cranks and jig heads, I have too much tackle.

Ron

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

i can’t help but laugh when i see that picture, too much alvin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.