IDA Free Fishing Contest.

• jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Once again in-depthanging.com is hosting a free fishing contest in conjunction with the Annual IDA Get Together. Prizes will be awarded in 3 categories, for the largest Walleye, Bass and Catfish. (See special rules for catfish contest on the Mississippi River Catfish forum.)

Here’s how it works. You may begin fishing the morning of July 23 at sun up. Bring your biggest fish in either the walleye or bass category to weigh in at Evert’s resort no later than 3pm. You may enter only one fish. (Do not bring ANY catfish to the weight in)

Bonus! You are encouraged to enter any size fish you catch. Once your fish is entered, you become eligible for several other prizes from In-Depth Angling Sponsors!

After weigh in, stay and enjoy some food and beverages and maybe we can put together a fish fry again this year!

Any questions, please post here or send me a PM or e-mail.

Thanks,

Pops
    Big River, WI

Jon, do we have to register or check in before we start fishing?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Jon, do we have to register or check in before we start fishing?

No check in required.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

We have NEW ST. Croix rods again this year… for the winners in each category.

Last year’s fish fry was a HUGE hit with the crowd and we hope to do it again this year. That said, please limit fish kept and contributed to the family style fish fry to “under 20 inch” walleye and sauger. At 3PM people will be available in the fish cleaning shack to clean fish for the fry. Once you have your boat on the trailer drop off your contribution to those doing the cleaning.

We will have baked beans, potato salad, chips and some other goodies for all to share. There will be brats and dogs for those that don’t care for fish. Pop and beer will be provided as well.

You need not fish to sit in on our picnic meal. Bring down the family and friends and take this opportunity to get to know the people behind IDA.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Yup, you sure are. Bring the whole clown family!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

please limit fish kept and contributed to the family style fish fry to “under 20 inch”

I’m not used to eating ….”bait”…

Alvin, can I join you in the center ring?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Note… about well intented confusion in the Cat rules from last year.

Here’s the catfish rules in case someone walleye fishing happens upon a nice size catfish. Last year we had a little confusion by well meaning compeditors. (PS although I didn’t attend..from what I heard, it was handled by all in very adult way. )

Please note the bolded areas. Here’s the Official Rules:

The 2005 6th Annual In-Depth Angling.com Gentalman’s Honor Catfish Tourney will be held in conjunction with the In-Depth Angling.com Get Together on July 23rd at Everets Resort. As in the past, the Catfish category will play by their own rules.

Here is the deal….

Fishing hours will be from sunset on Friday, July 22nd till sunrise on Saturday, July 23rd. You may submit your best catfish in the following format between 3 and 4 pm Saturday afternoon:

Total length + girth in inches*

A photo is strongly recommended but not mandatory.

*For example. Measure the fish at it’s greatest length and at it greatest girth. (Girth is the widest spot around the fishes body usually just behind the head.) So a fish that is 40 inches long and 18 inches around totals at 58 inches.

The highest total score wins.

To back up your entry we strongly suggest you take a digital picture and post it on this forum. Not a requirement, but you know how cat guys are! A fish without a picture is just a fish story.

You may fish ANY pool of ANY river or ANY lake you choose.

You MUST submit your entry IN PERSON between 3pm and 4pm on Saturday, July 22 at Evert’s Resort.

Since this is a catch are release tourney AND it ends at sunrise on Saturday morning, DO NOT bring your cat into Everet’s.

There will be an award for the best Flathead and best Channel.

Any questions, suggestion for rules changes, or anything else please post here. It’s YOUR tourney, so any changes to the past format will be considered.

Thanks, and hope to see you there.

Official Rules Approved by the GENTALMAN’S HONOR CATFISH TOURNEY DIRECTOR: The Honorable Jon Jordan. His decision is final.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Looks like I can be there Saturday

So if somebody has got a spot in a boat they’d let me fill, I’d be thrilled (send me a pm)…..otherwise I’ll be bringing the flatbottom and have room for another person with me .

I’d prefer to fish for sheepies, as I could use a new drum rod…..but am open to other species as well

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

i have a spot open on my rig if you are interested.

shane

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Shane…I don’t think you know what your getting yourself into!

Actually Mr. Pike Zumbro is great company. If I was going to be fishing Saturday, I’d dust off a chair for him myself. Just keep him away from the girls and he stays focused…

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey Brian K,

I am thinking that we are going to terrorize the beach and have a blast in the boat all day. looking forward to fishing with him,

shane

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Oh….there will be terrorrizing

So who else is gonna be there for Saturday’s big show?

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

So who else is gonna be there for Saturday’s big show?

I’ll be there

Not sure if I will fish a lot on Saturday but hope to get out for a while

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Me too!

Oh no .

Who you fishing with on saturday?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Count me in.

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

I’ll be there

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

James what time does the fish fry start and all the other food. My goal is to be there around 4:30 5ish and I was going to bring some walleye along. I really need to know how late is everyone going to hang out. I would hate to drive 5 hour and find out everyone leaves at 8 or 9. Is this like the PDC GTG when we party all night, well at least to 2 or 3 AM.

redneck
    Rosemount

The boy,I and assorted family members will be fishing Saturday—some harder than others. The Redneck clan has a cabin for Saturday night but not sure how late we will make it. Last year I know at midnight or so there were a dozen or so hardcores left as I wandered to my bed. Jeff, I think the fishfry was around 4 or 4:30 last year but not real sure. Looking forward to meeting alot of new people this weekend.

Brian Lyons

I will be there with the knuckleheads BFD and Little B

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

JEff

No need to bring any fish… trust me. There will be more food than we can deal with. Just bring yourself and be ready to stay up LATE! The fish fry will start around 4 and we stay at the fun-making until the wee-hours so don’t worry about everyone being gone by 5 PM. Not gonna happen.

Quote:

James what time does the fish fry start and all the other food. My goal is to be there around 4:30 5ish and I was going to bring some walleye along. I really need to know how late is everyone going to hang out. I would hate to drive 5 hour and find out everyone leaves at 8 or 9. Is this like the PDC GTG when we party all night, well at least to 2 or 3 AM.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

ok guys, remember lets bring some chris ledoux, I plan on having a dip and a cold one for him. seeing how wife is staying home, my weekend to party hard and feel it come sunday. ha haha

shane

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Have a beer for me y’all, I can’t make it this year.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Sean and I will knuckle you!!!

Steve Vick
    New London, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Me too!

Oh no .

Who you fishing with on saturday?

oh no is right! Not sure who i’m fishing with….Dean mentioned getting out if he frees up….otherwise, are you offering a seat in your boat…..or are you wanting to ride in a real boat?… …..either way, it would be fun to do some fishing with ya. we’ll talk.

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

big fish dude, why are you gonna try and knuckle me?

CA

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

big fish dude was talking to Big B with that response. They’re buddies from way back and can be quite the rowdy pair under the right circumstances. To all others they’re top notch floks but they have been known to be hard on each other.

Quote:

big fish dude, why are you gonna try and knuckle me?

CA

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

Ahh ok, I wasnt sure what that was about , I just saw it was right after my post and my name is Sean

CA

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.