Boaters Needed – Anglers as Rolemodels Event..!

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

No, bait is available and Everts Resort is donating a supply to get everyone started as well. I believe they’re donating 2 dozen crawlers and 2 dozen leeches to each boater taking out a child! If that’s not enough Everts has plenty of crawlers, leeches and minnows in stock to cover all of our needs!

Thanks fish any time. You’re boater # 42!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Randy Clausen phoned in as boater #43! We just might make it yet. Two more boaters and we’ll have it licked.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Becasue of my work I had to wait until now to commit, but I’ll be there. Haven’t fished the Red Wing area for a few years so I will need some hints where to try. Also have a top for shade that I will be using, so you might consider pairing me with someone who like me, turns red from exposure to incandescent light

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Pete – you’re boater # 44. Thanks much. We’ll have a pre-event meeting to discuss river hazards and the best areas to fish so everyone gets in on a few bites.

See ya’ there at 7 AM!

Do I dare wish for another boater to make it to the needed 45? What about two just in case we have a cancellation?

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Looks like the poc may be in action. As of now, I only have my and my wive’s life jackets. I’ll try to get my grandkid’s but my daughter can never find anything so I’m not sure.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

James,

I am pulling my rig down there for saterday, if needed, I can take out someone also. the maiden voyage went well, had a few kinks but i think I have them straightened out, check it again on the river when I get to the resort. I am leaving blaine right after I get done posting this, so hopefully see you down there.

shane

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

ECNOOK is stopping by my place to pick up some stuff I am donating. One light action spinning rod and one small scooby doo rod. Putz…I also am throwing in an adult life jacket, and one child life jacket and a youth size one. Hope this stuff helps out someone.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Thanks for the donations. The life jackets are a huge help… we can never have too many youth/child sized vests!

Quote:

ECNOOK is stopping by my place to pick up some stuff I am donating. One light action spinning rod and one small scooby doo rod. Putz…I also am throwing in an adult life jacket, and one child life jacket and a youth size one. Hope this stuff helps out someone.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

It sure was a blast again this year…I just love the energy these kids have

also

I was great to see a great turn out of people from this website to join in and take these kids and their bigs out on the river for the day…

Thanks to all who were involved. It was great meeting you and or seeing you again..

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Just want everyone to know I had a great time again this year. Plan to be back again next year.
    Want to thank all for your gracious help putting my boat in and taking care of everything. You guys are all the best there is.
    Was happy to meet so many friends from last year again and all the new ones. Nice to see so many gals this year.
    I know Redneck’s Bday will always be one he will remember.
    Happy 50th there young fellow.
    Thanks goes out to my young friend Redneck Jr. He is just the mostess

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Good to see you agian fishing machine, hopefully next year I can stay for the Get Together as well as the ARM event.

redneck
    Rosemount

Yes Mary, my birthday was special. I liked my gift but the thought and planning put into it by my family just blew me away. For anyone reading this who wasn’t at the GTG, Saturday was my 50th birthday and my wife and kids suprised me with a T-8. I still tear up thinking about the moment—I am truly blessed. Thanks to all who were there for sharing my moment—even if I looked like an idiot because I was so blown away.

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

You didn’t look like a “idiot” you looked like a man who knew that his family loves him and show’s it by giving you something they knew you would use and enjoy and you also looked like a man who loves his family in return – I saw how proud you are of them even when you were introducing them to me. just keep jr. away from the new motor, I hear starters aren’t cheap.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Nothing wrong with showing a little emotion, it’s not necessary to be an “iron man” all the time!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

once again everyone, thanks for the ARM event again this year. for those of you who are return people, great to have you back and for the people that this was thier first time, I hope you enjoyed your day.

as always, the day was filled with smiles and great weather and of course the fishing was great which helped out a ton!! it was nice to see some great thoughts and gestures through out the day. I want to thank the sponsors that we had and all of the donations that helped with this great event. i know that we could more kids than we had this year for next year. i also want to thank the Wives, they have to put up with us and take care of things around the house while we are away doing something like this, just make sure you let them know how important it was and thank them for supporting you.

have a great week, and i am already looking forward to next year.

shane

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

i also forgot, redneck, you and your family are more than welcome to come and take over my picnic table any time. i was a pleasure to meet your family and I want to thank them for including us in on you little surprise. hopefully they will be back down again next year.

hey redneck JR. thanks for pitching in and helping out. maybe next year you won’t fry the starter in the boat and win a rod.

shane

putzkid
    St. Paul, MN

Very cool, IDA folks!

Viewing 17 posts - 121 through 137 (of 137 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.