Boaters Needed – Anglers as Rolemodels Event..!

• Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

James,

I am going to take the boat out wed afternoon to be sure that we are running ok, if so, I will be bringing it down so I can take someone out if needed.

shane

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I think we have tapped most of the website reading folks out there that can or want to lend a hand. It is the buddy of the guy or gal reading this that has a boat that you could ask are the folks we are looking for. Everyone has one friend that they could ask, right? Think of who benefits from this….Could anyone think of a sadder picture than a kid being turned away because there is not enough folks willing to set aside a day to help out?
    I have said this before, I was once a “Little” back in the 70’s. This program helped more than anyone will ever know! This is an event that will stick in the minds of these kids forever! You don’t have to be a guide, a tournament fisherman or the like. Just a guy/gal that could take a couple of people fishing, and enjoy a day in a heck of a lot of good company. If you are on the fence, or again, if you have a buddy who may be able and willing, please bring them along! You won’t regret it!
    Tuck

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

Try as I may…I am the “on call” service tech for this weekend and cannot find anyone to fill in for me. I was hoping to try and meet some of you as well as take a few kids fishing but unfortunately I will be unable to attend.

redneck
    Rosemount

If there is a boater out there who is on the fence about coming but is worried because they aren’t familar with the river, let me offer this. My son Chris(RedneckJr) is doing shore duty that day, he would gladly jump in someone’s boat and help with navigation and fishing spots if needed. I think James will vouch that he has more seat time on the river than many adults so he could really help out someone who is new to river fishing. It is crunch time so if you are thinking about doing this, take the plunge, you won’t be sorry!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

It’s been said before…but worth repeating. It’s not about catching the biggest walleye or bass…it’s about catching fish…any fish.

Many folks go to the dam area and drop a worm down…silver bass, sheeps head…catfish…anything to get a tug on the line will do. Kids are’t fussy!!

Testimonials:

When the kids (and adults) come in from fishing, their smiles make it all worthwhile. Most rewarding work I’ve ever done.
    ~ Brian In-Depthangling.com Volunteer

I have participated in the ARM event the last two summers. Each year the event keeps getting better due to the sponsors and volunteers. I fish several times throughout the year, but this one-day sticks out in my mind even on the coldest of January days. The anticipation for the next event starts the day after. I am truly blessed to be able to participate in this event. I hope to be part of it for years to come.
    ~ John In-Depthangling.com Volunteer

I’ll tell you how it made me and my wife feel. This was the most incredible experience of my life, right after the birth of my son. It touched us so much, that my wife and I are going to be a big brother/big sister. I can’t wait for this event this summer…. …..What an unbelievable experience. ~Troy In-Depthangling.com Volunteer

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

I respectfully nominate Tuck and Ecnock as fish friers. I have tasted thier’s and Chappy’s cooking and prefer theirs.

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Ok consider it done as for me to bring the batter. I will also help out with putting the breading on the fish or I can do the frying or at least help with it. I’m not an expert but do and can and have cooked for a lot of crowds. Cooking is one of my joys besides fishing.

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Redneck
    Tell your son that I can use his assistance on the water. I’m not familiar with that area at all. And would gladly have in my boat. Thanks

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

James,

Happy B-day! I just got the nod from work to come on down and take a couple kids fishing. I’ll try and bring a couple of my teenage kids along to help. Karen would love to join in this great effort but is unable to get away. See you Friday morning. Kurt

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Kurt, you’re boater # 40. My birthday wish today is to get 6 more boaters signed up for this event. You just moved us 1/6th of the way there! Thanks much. I’ll see you and the crew on Friday.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

I am in. James I sent you a PM. If anyone has another extra little life vest it would be appreciated. Also was wondering if anyone from Rochester wants to convoy down. Send a PM if interested or I will meet up with you all there. Looking forward to it.

Brent

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

I respectfully nominate Tuck and Ecnock as fish friers. I have tasted thier’s and Chappy’s cooking and prefer theirs.

Listen…… I could only do what was left for me! It wasn’t my fault!!! I can do it, I do it all the time for my friends. That’s why you don’t get invited to my fish fry’s!!! They’re for my friends!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

and besides for that, I don’t think that chappy is fying lutey up.

shane

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

and besides for that, I don’t think that chappy is fying lutey up.

shane

AMEN!!!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I think Putz is the only one that knows how to boil up lut…he has the lenght of time in the dirt down!

Ok…the timers ticking! I sent some “personal” PM’s out yesterday to members that have boats. Although they couldn’t make it. You might want to concider that option too. Only need 5 more (from my last count).

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Brent is boater # 41….

I’m going to be away from the pc until later today. We still need a few more boaters. Let’s get the chatter of this thread back to finding those last few rides so I can come back and find we have all 45 needed for friday.

Quote:

I am in. James I sent you a PM. If anyone has another extra little life vest it would be appreciated. Also was wondering if anyone from Rochester wants to convoy down. Send a PM if interested or I will meet up with you all there. Looking forward to it.

Brent

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Sorry, Chappy. I’ll be glad to try some of your fish at the GTG.

Now, let’s get some more boaters on this thread.

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

I am donating a small life vest…ecnook is bringing it up with him as well as other stuff I have to donate.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Ron Dravenga (sp?) is boater # 42!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

James, You have an PM.

jbb
    Minneapolis area

I’m afraid my walleye pointers and I can’t make it. Sorry

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

C’mon Eyejacker. Come out of the closet.

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

James, count me in as #43. I will need a little help on life jackets. I don’t have kids yet, and may need to head out a little earlier than 3, have class in minneapolis at 5.

I’m looking forward to meeting all of you.

Jami

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Alright Jami!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Good news the powers that be at work decided at the last minuet that I can have the day off on Friday!!! So I will see everyone in the morning!!!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

That makes you #44 Steve. Anymore want to sign up in case we would need more than 45?
    Thanks, Bill

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

We’re still at 41. We’ve had three boaters need to cancel at the last minute. So… we still will take any and all boaters we can gather up!

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Sorry, guys, but I will need directions from Cottage Grove again this year. Missed the turn last year.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Here’s a link to a map with directions coming through Red Wing.

Cross into WI over the HWY 63 Bridge.

Directions to Everts

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

You can count me in. See you in the morning.

Will I need to bring bait?

Viewing 30 posts - 91 through 120 (of 137 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.