Boaters Needed – Anglers as Rolemodels Event..!

• Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

James

here are the final numbers from the Mn side.

St. Cloud comes in with a whoppin 18 matches. 3 or 4 of them are family matches.

twin cities comes in with 12 including me and Joe.

thanks

shane

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Also if any anglers would like to become a BB/BS, I will have information with me on how to become one and also a contact number to get intouch with the organization. just catch me before I leave the resort on sunday.

shane

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Koonce is # 30.

I’ll be there

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Dave,

you changing your mind?? are we going to see the whites of your eye balls. wow, what a treat, see you there.

shane

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Well, I talked to my Boss at 3M and explained what was going on with the BB/BS event and they agreed that this was a great thing we were doing here and that I could make up my meetings on another day.

I’ll be up in the morning and return home the same day.

dp
    Rochester,mn

DP is # 31.

I have not done anyhting like this before but it sounds like a lot of fun and I have a boat so count me in as a boater. If anyone has a youth life jacket they can spare that would be great. We will see you on Friday

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I will be sure to throw some extras in my boat!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

I will bring my genereic orange ones that I have and also a FLW vest as well to be sure that we have enough life vests.

I can tell you, once you do it, you will be wanting to do this event again. thanks for all of the boats!!

shane

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

It looks like we will need 45-50 boats and we only have a little over half way so we really NEED YOUR HELP!!! Please guys and gals, if you can somehow make please come. Kids need something healthy to do in their spare time and if we can help turn them onto fishing it can make a big difference in their life. YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
    Thanks, Bill

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

James. I can haul the poc boat down there if we need it. Let me know.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I have also convinced work to let me off for the day. However, I need to leave the river around 2:00 PM. I’m traveling home to SD this weekend. So in order to get home before midnight, I’ll have to hit the road before the typical day ends. Anyone see an issue with this?? If so, I can be a backup boater also. See you all Friday morning!

rickyfishes
    Southeastern MN

James,

Just got the okay from my company. Count me in.

-Richard

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Sounds like 35 so far????

Is that number right???

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Gary,

The number keeps creeping higher. We’re looking at nearly 45 needed boaters. 30 kids from MN and 13 – 15 from WI. Turning away even a single child would be a tragedy in my mind so hopefully more people jump in and get involved.

fishinfool
    mn

Fishinfool is # 27.

THE OLMSTED COUNTY JAIL has determined it a worthwhile cause and gave me the prior evening off even with us understaffed. PLEASE ADD ANOTHER BOAT TO THE TOTAL. FISHINFOOL see ya there.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Mike v

Let us know ASAP if work if going to spring you for the day. We could really use your help.

Quote:

I dont know if I get the day off work, but I am trying.. I will let you know if I can make it. Last year was a great time and I anm going to try to be there next week.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Putz – #32

Haul the POC boat on down and will put you on shore duty if we get enough boats. We will definitely need you on the water or on shore.

Quote:

James. I can haul the poc boat down there if we need it. Let me know.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Kooty,

You’re # 33. We’ll get you on the road after lunch. We always have some of the youngest kids opt to not go back out after lunch. We’ll swap your kid/big into a boat who’s little opts to call it after lunch. Sound good?

Thanks for the offer buddy!

Quote:

I have also convinced work to let me off for the day. However, I need to leave the river around 2:00 PM. I’m traveling home to SD this weekend. So in order to get home before midnight, I’ll have to hit the road before the typical day ends. Anyone see an issue with this?? If so, I can be a backup boater also. See you all Friday morning!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Richard, you’re #34. Thanks to you and your boss / bosses for springing you loose for the day.

Quote:

James,

Just got the okay from my company. Count me in.

-Richard

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Fishing machine, you’re # 35. It will be awesome to have you on the water at this event as a rolemodel for the girls in attendance.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

“Professor” Pm’d in as boater # 36. Thanks Prof! We’re getting there.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Travis McIvor phoned in as boater # 37. We’re rolling along but we need more people to “step up” and get involved with this fantastic event.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I really wish I could get out of work that day but try as I might not a shot.
    It is really great to see all the support and excitement. This is a great thing to do and probably even a greater thing to be part of.
    FOR ALL THOSE THAT TAKE PART IN THIS

Ron

Steve Vick
    New London, MN

Count me in as number 38. I’ll be there with a boat and a black lab! …..formerly known as the resort dog…”Ziggy”

Steve Vick

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Jim “Blue” is in as boater # 39 and his wife will be Cammy will be helping with shore duty.

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Someone made metion of another fish fry this year for Sat evening. I can help out with that if you’d like. I have the fixins for the breading if you want me to bring it along. Just say the word and I will make sure it gets packed to go.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’m not sure who brought the fish batter last year but it was excellent. We will be having a fish fry on saturday and I’ll welcome the help Mary… thank you!

Quote:

Someone made metion of another fish fry this year for Sat evening. I can help out with that if you’d like. I have the fixins for the breading if you want me to bring it along. Just say the word and I will make sure it gets packed to go.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

James, If you need a fryer, I can bring mine down too. Want me to cook??? See if I can do as good in the summer as I do in the winter with Brats!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The resort has plenty of fryers and I’ll have a bunch of oil… but we certainly can use someone to man the cooker. So consider yourself the designated “fry guy.” Thanks for the offer.

We still need more boaters!

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 137 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.