Boaters Needed – Anglers as Rolemodels Event..!

• luckydog2
    The Villages Florida

Sounds like fun count me in.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Excellent. That makes you boater #20 and puts us half way to our goal of 40 boaters. Thank you! Please check back a couple times over the next week for any updates for this event.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The bite should be good for the ARM event… and the GTG weekend. Here’s that last report I put up. >>> Upper Pool 4 Fishing Report

The morning of the ARM event Dustin and I always point guys in the right direction to get them on the best walleye bite going and what baits and gear to use.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

that really helped last year. err, maybe you guys could point me to a location where I DON’T have to run the WI channel??

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

There’s main channel fish to be had. We’ll point!

Don Hanson

You can count me in as a boater but I may not ba able to arrive until around 9:00AM.

redneck
    Rosemount

James,
    The brother-in-law from Australia is in town that week so I imagine he will come along and help out on shore. He is really pretty entertaining, we can get him talking fast and try to figure out what the heck he said.

brent07
    Preston, MN

James,
    This is Brent again. I got one more boater that wants to help out.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Keep em comin guys. Last count was 28 big/littles from Minnesota and 15 plus from Wisconsin. This is your chance to make a difference in someones life and have alot of fun at the same time. Plus there are guides to point you in the right direction. Thanks everyone in advance for helping make this a great day.
    Thanks, Bill

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

I do plan on coming. Had a great time last year. Which was my first time ever there. I do plan on bringing my boat if I can get the lights fixed on the trailer. Will know in the next day or 2 here.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

this is great, I love to see the support for such a great event. My little (the other one in the picture) has been so pumped to get back down there for his last year in the BB/BS program. I have heard from both the twin cities and St. Cloud chapter on how the people the have signed up enjoyed the event last year. you may not think that you are making much of a difference, but you certainly do and they will remember you for years to come when they are telling their fishing stories to their buddies. so if you have the erge to want to help, please do, you will not regret it!! I promise!!

see you all in a few weeks.

shane

AGM
    Lake City, MN

James;Sounds like a hoot. Once you’ve been bitten by the fishing bug it’s all over.When I was nine years old a local gentlemen took my dad and myself out fishing, I don’t remember alot from around that age ;but I will never forget that day of fishing!Put me on the list!

stuart
    Mn.

Count me in.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

I am unfortunately not going to make the event this year. I will dearly miss the fun I had the last several BB/BS events. It truely is a great event for these kids that puts an impression on them that will last a lifetime.

Have fun guys and gals!!

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

OK, Got word this AM that I can get the wiring done on my boat trailer possibly tomorrow. If not then Monday for sure. Don’t know if I need to do new wiring or if it is a short some where. One time the lights work and next not.
    See ya all at the GTG.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

James, any chance we’ll need grilled peppers and onions? I can bring the BBQ and fixings.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I wish I could make it this year but I just can’t get off work. Good luck guys and have fun.

For anybody that is thinking of volunteering for this but is still undecided, this is a great and fullfilling event. More than that it is a great time.
    If any of you are thinking that your fishing ability might not be enough for this there will be plenty of people that are very knowledgable down at Evert’s before this that will point you in the right direction. Most of these kids just like to get out for a ride and to have fun. Any fish you might catch are really just a bonus. Just do a search and look at the pictures from past years and you will see what a blessing this event is for both the guides and the bigs/littles.

jhall
    Lake City, MN

I had a great time last year, a very fun and valuble experience for the kids and the fishermen both. Unfoutunately I will be out in michigan and wont be able to make it home in time. I feel bad but am hoping to make it next year.

Thanks

Joe

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Unfortunately I will not be able to make this year either as I am also not able to get out of work.
    I look forward to this event every year it is by far my favorite day on the water for the whole year. I can not begin to explain how great of a feeling and how rewarding it is to see the smiles on these kids faces when you get them out on the water. If the fish are not cooperating go for a boat ride and let the kid drive they will have a blast! Like Gator said if you are still undecided about volunteering take the leap and go for it I promise you won’t regret it, in fact it just might be the best thing you ever do.

Here are some pics from last years event.

Emerald and her Big Sister Vanessa.

Emerald’s first fish of the day

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Don you’re # 21. Thanks for your help!

Quote:

You can count me in as a boater but I may not ba able to arrive until around 9:00AM.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Mike Witham – Glassman is # 22!

We’re rolling but we still have a ways to go. If you’re on the fence… WE NEED YOU!

Quote:

James;Sounds like a hoot. Once you’ve been bitten by the fishing bug it’s all over.When I was nine years old a local gentlemen took my dad and myself out fishing, I don’t remember alot from around that age ;but I will never forget that day of fishing!Put me on the list!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Stuart you’re # 23… thank you!

Quote:

Count me in.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Way to be the recruiter Brent! Your buddy is # 24… and greatly appreciated.

Quote:

James,
    This is Brent again. I got one more boater that wants to help out.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Bill Rineveld emailed me an volunteered as boater # 25. We’re making some awesome progress but we’ve still got some ground to cover.

pittmd

MDP is # 28.

I have a little 1650 lund with just two seats in it. I would like to help out but some one would have to sit on the deck.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Unfortuately I will not be able to make this years event. Thanks to all the guys that have stepped up. It is a great time and lifelong memories.

mike_v
    carver Mn

I dont know if I get the day off work, but I am trying.. I will let you know if I can make it. Last year was a great time and I anm going to try to be there next week.

BobJohnston

Bob Johnston is boater # 29.

Count me in….wouldn’t miss it…

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 137 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.