Anyone having problems accessing EFN sites lately?

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I am. I’m having to try to open individual pages 3 or 4 times before the page actually opens. Often the page just “times out.” If more than jus ta couple of us are experiencing the same probelm, I’ll contact our bandwidth provider and seek a resolution.

So please, if I’m not the only one struggling with this, let us know. Not just in this instance, but in the future as well. If the site is slow for an extended period of time or access is limited or inconsistent for a couple days, don’t hesitate to tell us.

Thanks much everyone.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

YES !! YES !! YES !!

Here I thought it was my computer…

Thank you very much for bringing this up James

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

James,

I’ve been having the same problem as well. Some days are better than others.

dirk_w.
    Minnesota

I have been having problems with FTR and FTL. Same things you just mentioned.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I have been having occasional problems with timing out and needing to refresh.

Kerry Harvey
    Brownsdale, MN.

Hey James, I’m having problems like that too.

mudlnthru
    Burnsville

I’ve had the same problem on nearly every part of the site. Mostly, it’s time-out issues. Don’t know whether it’s heavy site usage, lots of web traffic or what. Gets a little frustrating but hopefully it’s temporary.

BASSTRACKER1
    Iowa

YA FOR THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS ! I THOUGHT IT MAY JUST BE MY COMPUTER BUT OTHER SITES OPEN FINE! THANKS FOR THE POST !

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Yes, I have noticed this also. Going back about 3 weeks I would guess. I do eventually get there but it takes longer. Times out once in awhile.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

And here’s what I found out…

HBC out of Winona hosts our server and they’ve run into some serious hardware limitations. So they plan to add a couple new core routers to solve the problem and we should be back to running fast again in a couple weeks. I wish we wouldn’t have to put up with this for any longer tha nwe already have but just getting the equipment in-house will take over a week. But they identified the problem, were honest about it, and have already begun to implement the solution. That type of honesty I respect.

Just thought I’d keep everyone else in the loop and assure everyone that a fix is coming… until then we just keep hitting “refresh!”

bt-eye
    Apple Valley, Mn (Pool 2)

Way to be Heads Up . I was also having the Timed out message. It will be good to be back to normal when it comes.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Thanks for the info James .

At least we know now ….

And knowing is half the battle <<<<(GI Joe Cartoon)

richardsmith
    Owatonna Mn 55060

DITTO !!!

Richard (Smitty)

Keep a tight line !!!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

When I’d have these encounters in the middle of the night I thought it was peculiar but thought it was just maintenence issues. These things are often done during the odd hours and I trip over them frequently. Thanks for bringing up the question and finding the cause James!

PS – This is my 1000th FTR post! Just wanted to label it.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Thought it was our computer as we had big problems with it last week. Nice to know what the real problem was. Thanks

ProTiller
    Chisago Lakes Area

Ditto from the lakes area. I’m experiencing the same probles as you James. In addition to the slow pages I also wasn’t able to log on the FTL site. Evidentally FTR and FTL are two different sites. I thought my user name and password would work on both sites. It didn’t and the only way to resolve this was to create a username and password under FTL. It allowed me to use all identical inforamtion as the FTR site. Is this normal?

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Each site does require a user name and password. They can be the same though but need to be entered in [registered]. Hope to see some post from you on FTL as I know there are some great fishing lakes in your area. Bill

gillsandspecks
    Hiawatha, Iowa

Just a thought James: Is there a time when I should be avoiding being on FTR when they’re putting those so called core routers in. I’d hate to see my PC crash. Ya Know? {John}

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The hardware upgrades can’t effect or harm your pc in any way. What will happen is that some night late, EFN websites will be un-available for a short amount of time. Most if not nearly all of us won’t even notice the change-over took place… except the performance issues will be a thing of the past.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

There doesn’t seam to be any performance issues now !!

I’m not sure if its just dumb luck or if you guys really found the answere…but I like it !!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

It’s been running great on my end too. Hopfully we have this bug fixed for good now.

On behalf of EFN managment who have been working hard to fix this problem, I’d like to thank all of the visitors who have been patient the past several weeks. If you have been frustrated trying to post a message, view a report, send a private message or any of the other great features we have here, please give it another try. I’m sure you will find things “Back to Normal”!!

Thanks again,
    Jon J.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

you know what? I think it just might be fixed… dont think Ive had a time out tonight….. but I will keep an eagle eye out…. or should that be a “river” eye?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.