Calling a dry-waller

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I had to move a light in the basement so I’ve got a couple holes that need patched up. I’ve put some mud in the seems, I’ll probably sand down and put one more coat on them. The two holes are 7″x19″ So, now how to cover the patches with new texture?? Is there someway of getting just a little bit without having to rent the blower etc… Any and all suggestions welcome. See pics below:

Thanks!!

John

bobberal
    St Cloud MN, Leech Lake

I have the same question too.

Mine was opened up to fix a leak in a pipe.

glb
    Twin Cities

Stores do sell an aerosol can of spray texture in 2 or 3 different levels of coarseness. Kinda touchy trying to match existing texture, though. Just as messy as the machine. One thing I have done is to cut the top off of a cardboard box that is larger than the area you are touching up. Then cut a small hole in the bottom for the nozzle of the can. It helps contain the mess, kinda like a miniature paint booth Hold the box in place and and try to spot in the spray texture. Use very, very short blasts of spray. Sometimes it helps to try to move the can to spread out the spray, just like a paint gun. If it doesn’t come out OK, scrape it off and try again.

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

You could rent my texture machine . For a small nominal fee I come with it . There insnt any thing I cant do

hntnful
    Everly Iowa

Most hardware stores sell a small kit for about $13 called a touch up kit. It is in a blue and white box. It is a little hand pump thet you mix a little of the texture in the cup provided and pump it out . It is super easy to use and comes with directions. I use it quite often to fix little jobs,. It comes in fine, medium and course texture. It will still make a little mess but a piece of plastoc on the floor will take care of that.By the looks of the picture I would say you have medium accoustic texture.

Brian Mueggenberg

Mueggenberg Construction

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

I’d just cover it up with a couple purdy little lady posters…..maybe the center fold from this years SI swimsuit issue…….four duct tape rolls on the back and slap that sucker up there…….no mess, no fuss

But that’s just what I’d do

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Jake,

While I agree it would be a perfect fix, I’m guessing the wife would have other thoughts.

Sticky, If I can’t get one of these “kits” to work, I’ll be calling.

Thanks everyone!

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

Give me a shout we can do it over a beer , Work first then beer, things tend to turn out a little better that way

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.