Bad Image

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hey Mr. Small Target Nort! (glad you’re here for me to give you some guff)

I’ve gone through MANY loc’s on the Miss and other waters… this spring I went through #3 and the Loc master asked me if I could control my boat in the middle of the loc…I ended up idleing in the middle without ropes ect. I was the only one in the loc. Never had this happen before…but I can see where if one Loc Master allows it or in my case promoted it..a boater could assume that it’s allowed all the time…even more so if he had a nice boat.

I don’t know the details of your loc through or what the member in question was thinking when he’s told to “rope up”…but I can see where this could happen.

It sure would be a wonderful world if all we had to do was to smack an IDA sticker on a boat and the operator would be certified mistake free, considerate, jolly and get a boost in common sense….

James…can you start forum for ME?

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

I have given this much thought and disscussed it with many freinds and boaters lately. I have concluded that blaming the “bass boats” or “jet ski’s” is akin to blaming guns for murder. If guns kill people, then its the pencils fault you made a writting mistake, or spoons to be blamed for people being fat. Its not the object, but the individual who is operating it. The only way I see to “fix” it is to require boaters safety training and licenses much the same as one would need to lets say, oh…..drive a car, or fly a plane.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Briank- I didn’t want to make a big deal about it. That’s why I haven’t said anything until now…and I happened 1 year ago.

Have you ever had one of those moments where you just wished you had a camera? TRUE STORY!!! A few weeks ago I was driving by Culvers (Home of the Butter Burger and ice cream) and there was a “Curves” (weight-loss for women) van in their drive-thru!!! The word “Curves” was written very large from the front to the back of the white van.

Now I DO agree that IDA stickers would help make a boat stick out in the crowd and might persuade the operator’s decision to do anything that would go against IDA’s standards and values. However, the “Curves” women obviously were not afraid to slip out of their cover.

I’m sure this is a poor analogy but I just wanted to share this funny story with someone. .

I’ll let you pick on me any day Brian… .

– d-nort

dhnitro
    Markesan, WI

Dave you need a funny story..Tell everyone your stories about your spiders and bad of potato chips….I still bust a gut…….

My two cents on water and boats ( good and bad drivers), it’s no different than a poor driver in an auto. And unfortunately bad car drivers are suppose to have a license just like a good one. Wonder is road rage will turn into water rage? Lets hope not…..Dave about them spiders….

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.