LaCrosse, WI

• DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Is this town fun in the summer for an adult night away from kids? Would the wife and I find enough fun in the bars and restaurants to make it worthwhile?

Help with suggestions on any of this:

Brewery tours-offered? good ones?
    LaCrosse Loggers-anyone go to these? fun?
    Riverfront dining-good places? good food?
    Fun bars?
    Good Restaurants?
    Anything else?

Looking at 2 weeks from now.

Thanks!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Bars in La Crosse…..hmmm let’s see…….how about a half mile of nothing but bars and restaurants. That should hold you over for an evening. Lots of great places to eat too.

Yes, the Loggers games are fun.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

loggers games rule…river jacks up is supposed to be a good riverfront resturant..i dont exactly know where it is?

gonefishing
    Lacrosse Wi

Ate at River Jacks today Buffet was $6.99 and very good, going to the Loggers game tonight, hope it doesn’t rain, make sure you get a Logger Dog and a Beer (pop). If you can’t get a ticket to sit don’t go for the standing room only there really aren’t many places to see if you stand. And tickets get sold out pretty fast. Have Fun! Air show will be here in a couple weeks (June 18 & 19)with the Air Force Thunderbirds performing they are terrific.

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

Piggy’s, Seven Bridges, The Elite (middle eastern food), and especially Manny’s or Buzzard Billy’s Flying Carp Cafe all have great food, but are a little pricey. If you want a good bar burger or excellent chicken wings go to Buckeys Burger Barn. You can find directions to any of these online.
    Bars… lets see. If you want to party, just walk down 3rd street through downtown. You almost get drunk by accident. Drinks are cheap and most the college kids are home for the summer. If you want something more classy for the lady, take her to the Starlight Lounge (located above Buzzard Billy’s) for a great selection of martini’s, or go to the the Bodega for a great selection of beers. Both these places are less traveled by average college kids. There is also a no smoking classy bar next to the community theater, but I can’t remember what its called.
    Finally, if you like coffee, visit Jule’s coffee shop. Can’t be beat.

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

The New and improved (and moved) Piggys, Freight house is awsome. River Jacks is in the best western hotel on the noth side on 35. Huck Finns is supposed to be great as well, I haven’t made it there yet though. As stated..too many bars to mention. No strip joints tho if thats your taste.

Willeye
    La Crosse, WI

La Crosse is pretty fun in the summer. Like said above, plenty of good places to eat downtown. The blackened walleye at Buzzard Billy’s is very good. After supper at BB, head across Pearl Street to the ice cream parlor. Hackberry Bistro located above the food Co-op is also very good.

For breakfast head south of town to the Culina Mariana which is the restaurant at the Guadalupe shrine. The food there is very good and the sights are beautiful.

Hope you enjoy La Crosse.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

The blackened walleye at Buzzard Billy’s is very good.

100% agree with that!!

As a Seasoned Veteran of the LAX downtown area, there’s plenty of places to go, and plenty of to drink I’m sure you’ll have a good time.

If you go to the Loggers game, get a party deck ticket. 20 bucks. Free food and free Beer all night (til about 8th inning) Doesn’t get much better than that

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Anything from Buzzard Billy’s rocks
    You will have a blast in LaCrosse

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Digger’s Sting is a very good restaurant also. I believe you will have a very good time in La Crosse.

buzz4469
    Plainview, MN

The King Crab at the Freight House is well worth a trip to lacrosse alone. Then add the mile of bars hope you don’t have to be anywhere in the morning!

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Quote:

The blackened walleye at Buzzard Billy’s is very good.

100% agree with that!!

I agree with that too! Walleye…it’s whats for dinner!

Also, if you would’ve taken your vacation here about three weeks ago, there would’ve been plenty of “eye-candy” in the downtown area.

jonathan
    NW MN

I try to make it back for Riverfest every year just for the Blackened Catfish sandwiches the Radison sells in their booth at Riverside park.
    If you want to see a nice view, head up Grandad’s bluff. The Alpine bar on the way up there is a nice joint to pop in for a burger and beer too.
    The best cheesecurds in the world can be found at South Lanes Pizza on the Southside of LAX. I’m drooling like Homer Simpson just thinking about them.

Yes, it’s worth the trip. Have fun.

nubbinbuck

Dave
    I lived in Lacrosse for a couple of years. There used to be a nice bar up on the bluff- not sure if it is still around. Anyways, there is a scenic lookout up there, too. Would be a nice diversion. And yes, there are more bars than you need downtown. LOL.

bass addict
    Eagan, MN

Lacrosse hasn’t been the same since they closed the Yum Yum Tree and the Party House

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.