Changing out the sending unit for Crestliner

• 2jranch
    Arcadia, WI

I had posted earlier on gas gauge on Crestliner not working and ordered one from Crestliner. The install was pretty easy and took about an hour. Basically had to take out 3 pedestal bases and remove screws from deck. Upon removal of deck the gauge is exposed. Remove 6 screws and remove old gauge and install new style gauge reversing the process. The wiring was simple and upon completion everything works.( to my surprise) normally I have to do things 2 or 3 times to get it all working. Total cost of $35.00 and an hour of my time and it’s done. You might be able to get sending unit locally a lot cheaper.

pyake

Any idea what model years have tendecy for problems? Sounds like Cliner had some prior experience with your issue.

2jranch
    Arcadia, WI

Mine is an “02” 1850 Fishhawk and the tank is a 31 Gal. as stated on the tank. The original sending unit is a doughnut style sending unit. In previous post there were some that indicated they had problems. Not sure of year involved.

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

I have a 02 1750 Fishhawk. Same issue

3shot

I have a failed fuel sending unit as well on my ’96 1650 Sportfish w/ 22 gal. tank. Waiting to hear from Crestliner for availability and/or manufacturer to purchase locally, if possible. There is no name on sender, just a part number-341-70 B95…….any ideas? The guage checked out good. Any help appreciated.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

’01 1750 Fishawk. same problem. marina replaced it under warranty

2jranch
    Arcadia, WI

The replacement unit that I recieved from Crestliner was similar to an off the shelf unit with the float on a wire that swings up and down. You calibrate to the depth of your tank as per instructions. The unit from Crestliner was $35.00 but you could check with NAPA or your local auto parts store and maybe pick it up cheaper.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.