Getting interference with 2 lowrance units

• jbob
    Hastings, MN

When I have my X19(on consol) and my X15(on bow) on at the same time I get alot of interference on the X19, any suggestions? They both run on seperate batteries which neither is the starting battery.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

What frequencies are the ‘ducers running on? If they’re both firing on 200Mhz this is likely your issue.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Try running one of them on 50 KHZ.

bbayerko
    Eagan MN

jbob,
    if you don’t have dual freq ducers and don’t want the interference, you don’t have much choice but to ‘stop charting’ on one of the units. you can select this from the sonar menu. The deeper you go, the worse it will get as the cones will overlap more.

lakeskipper
    Anoka, MN

jbob,
    Not an expert by any means, but I had/have the same problem on my boat. I run 2 x-87’s, and it is not the best answer, you can try making the ping speed different on each of the units. It seems to help me, although I do usually fish pretty shallow.

Good luck,
    Lakeskipper

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

When running any two units at or about 200khz you’re going to get interference once you get over 25-30 feet deep. This is where the two sonar “beams” begin to hit each other under the boat. About the only thing you can do is adjust the ping speed some and you can use an angled piece of wood to shoot your bow transducer beam in a more forward direction. Short of that, you’re going to get interference while both units are sending signals.

If you have a dual frequency transducer on one of the units, switch it to 50khz and you’ll have no problems with cross-talk but you will lose definition/detail in that unit.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.