Crestliner fuel gauge

• 2jranch
    Arcadia, WI

I have an”02″ Crestliner 1850 and the fuel guage quit working.It showed full and won’t go below 3/4 tank mark. Ironically, this weekend another Crestliner got pulled in out of fuel because his gauge went out on him. Then my brother mentioned that his fishing partner had the same thing happen to his Crestliner. This sounds like a common problem. If so should I be looking at the gauge or the sending unit. If you have experienced this what was the fix? Thanks for the response.

pointinglabs
    Waseca,MN

I also have a crestliner 02 1850 and the gas gauge is stuck at full . I have contacted crestliner still waiting for answer.

freitag
    Osseo, WI

’02 1850 with similar fuel gauge problem. Let us know what you find out.

nubbinbuck

Same problem on an older boat. I am trying to remember what the part is called – fuel sending unit ?? Anyways, it was about a 250.00 job at the marina.

nubbinbuck

Just thought of something – your float may be stuck

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Same here on and 02 1750 Fishhawk.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

I have this problem also on my ’83 poc Crestliner. Wonder if the warantee is still good?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Sounds like a common problem. Pointing, Let us know what Crestliner says. I have trim gauge that doesn’t work and the speedo is stuck.

2jranch
    Arcadia, WI

I called Crestliner and spoke with Customer Representative by the name of Mike. Discussed the problem and he recommended the new style sending unit with a swing arm. The old style is a slider and it tends to hang up. For those original owners this will be coveredby your 3 year warranty from date of purchase. The 2nd owners have to “suck it up” and purchase the sending unit for $35.00 plus shipping and have the option to change it ourselves or pay a dealer to do it. I ordered the gauge and will do it my self and save the $200.00. I almost think that as prevalent that this seems to be that like auto mfgs, Crestliner should take care of it with in reason on a recall situation. My boat is 3 months out of warranty. This could be life endangering on the river with current when you run out of gas.

Phone # for Crestliner: 320-632-6686

waterswat
    WI

Thanks for the info as I am on the first year with my new crestliner. I have noticied that the fuel guage tends to bounce around from time to time, but seems like the speedometer is always stuck and not working

3shot

Fuel guage bounce is normal with a float type sending unit. Speedo may be stuck due to mounting bracket behind guage too tight or waterline plugged. Go to http://www.faria-instruments.com for troubleshooting info on all types of guages.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.