Nye’s Polonaise Shooting

• chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

As most of you may have heard, there was a shooting recently at Nye’s Polonaise Room. The man shot was Bill Walsh, a High School friend of mine from Cretin, Class of ’79. He was a big Teddy Bear of a guy, and loved by all! He will be missed by many! He had three children who meant the world to him. This is the second friend of mine shot and killed in a week. Officer Gerry Vick and Bill Walsh. Heaven just got two new tennants who were tremendous human beings! I feel bad for those of you who never got to meet these guys. Class acts, both of them. Next time you think of it, raise a glass in their memory.
    Thanks.
    Tuck

Dutchgirl

You know… there is no “answer” to the riddle of grief but your request seems such a modest one that I, for one, can carry out. Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and the families of your “fallen” friends. God Bless!

Debbie

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Tuck, if he was a friend of yours I’m sure he was a great guy. A to both.

hgeren
    NE Minneapolis

I had the opportunity to meet Big Billy on a few occasions and a few friends of mine are very close to him. He was a real nice guy. Its a sad thing that he went out like that to hand of some drunken coward. A memorial fund has been set up for his childrens college. William Walsh III Fund, Northeast Bank, 77 Broadway Street NE, Minneapolis, MN 55413

stevew
    Burnsville, MN

I used to tend bar at Nye’s way back in ’79-82. I miss everything about that place. I didn’t know the big guy but my thoughts have sure been with him and his family.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.