Yamaha T8 RPM dial control

• buckshot
    Rochester, MN

When I was down in Moline last year I fished with a guy that had a small dial that controlled the RPMs for his T8 kicker and for the life of me I can’t remember who made it or what it was called. The regular throttle box was still there but all that did was put it in gear the dial controlled the RPMs.
    Anyone know???
    Thanks
    John

bigstick
    WEST CENTRAL MN

TROLLMASTER?

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Troll master…that is the one I was thinking of.
    Thank You!!!
    JB

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

The problem with the TR1 system is you have to add another zero to the price just to get into one. Cool system, just very expensive!!

I’m curious how fast this system can swing from one side to the other. I know at times like Friday, if I couldn’t swing the kicker fast, I would have been blown into the rocks.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Kooty;

How many fish did you end up with on Friday???

Any big ones???

kooty
    Keymaster

I’m not saying they can’t or don’t, just that at times having my hand on the throttle and steering at the same time was the only thing that kept me out of the rocks. I’d sure like to see one in action, not that I’m going to spend that kind of money, but it would still be cool. I know Deezee engineered something up on his Ranger. Waiting for that one to come to market.

Gary,

One fish for me. The rain and cold wore me out. I had been up since 1:00 AM and by 5:30 PM, I’d had enough fresh air. Crossin’ and I are hitting P4 Saturday. I hope it warms up by then!!!

kooty
    Keymaster

I’m really wondering how the TR1 would handle the specific situation I was fishing. The break I was working was right on shore, less than 20 feet, sometimes 12 feet. When a gust of wind and/or a cruiser wake would hit me from the side, it would literally push my boat into shore(assuming I’m running parrallel to shore). I was creaping along at speeds of .4 to 1.1, depending heavily on the wind and current for the location.

For open water trolling, I can see these things bein’ da bomb, but just not sure I would trust my lower unit to the thing in certain conditions. However, if someone were to give me one, I’ll gladly test throughly and put up all kinds of reports/reviews!!

Anyone on here have one of these devices? I’d sure like a demo.

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

Kooty I agree about not wanting to trust the tr1 with my lower unit, I just dont no that it would have time to react before you are stuck on the rocks. Seeing the cruiser come by you can be prepaired. In defense of the tr1 I fished with bruce (doc) samson and we trolled a rocky shore line on devils lake in 3 foot waves with the wind blowing to shore, it held the course perfectly, I was impressed but for the price tag I should be.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.