Stoddard “Big walleye” tourney

• fishahollik
    South Range, WI

Well, this past Saturday was the big walleye tourney in Stoddard. It is and always has been a good tourney. Top 40 places get something. Entry fee is very reasonable at 25 bucks a person. This year there were 570 entries. Second highest ever. I ran into alot of guys in the tourney everywhere I fished. I was trolling three ways upstream as were many others. Alot of other guys and gals were drifting down stream and verticle jigging. Everyone I saw was courtious and respectable toward others.
    I ended up 88th, my partner was 95th. Sure we didn’t win, but it was a good day of fishing..catching wasn’t as good as I would have liked, but hey, 88 out of 570 ain’t bad. I’ll be fishing this one again next year!

TomSchmitt
    Waucoma, IA

How big were the walleyes weighed in on Sat. Had a friend in the tourny that caught 3 real nice eyes. 3 lb/3 lb/5 lb or there abouts. Really miserable day, getting really sick of fighting the wind everytime out. With 570 entries payback for first must have been ok

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

Biggest was 9.88 Some were pre-spawn, some were post. Mine unfortunatley was post, or maybe I would have placed higher.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.