stories behind the pics

• matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Things have been kinda stressful around here lately and can’t get out and fish because of finals week, So I fugured now would be a good tiem to ask about people’s avatars. Some of you guys have some strange pics, Briank,….I didn’t say strange looking Some of have some big fish, others are just odd, Everytime I come across fishingmachine’s,……..it puzzles me, sander’s got a couple of beauties. briank,…..what is that? and for cryin out loud, turn your head lamp off.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Mine is a picture of “ole five dollar”. I was out fishing with a buddy one moring and we put a five spot on the first 20″+ walleye. First of all, this buddy is so tight getting even a penny out of him is a friggin’ miracle.

Well, we fished all morning with neither of us catching a good walleye. We decided to call it a morning because we were getting tired, I worked the night shift then, when I decided to hit one last spot on the way back to Bay City. We tried a quick downstream pass at Needle Island. We got right to the bottom of the island when she hit.

She’s only about 4 LBS. but I still rib my buddy about the last second catch.

fishingscout
    Saint Paul

My avatar is my first bass over 5 pounds. I was fishing with a friend on Minnetonka when I caught this fish. The fight difference between this fish and a 3 pounder is still burned in my mind. The fish came by the boat once and my friend says in a smart tone, “I know what that is!”. He thought it was a Carp.

The fish was 22″ and weight 5.8 pounds.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Mine is an 8 1/2 lb. walleye caught in a Walleye Searchers Tournament on pool 4 of the Mississipi River.
    Thanks, Bill

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Mine’s a 10 lb lake trout caught during our annual late Sept Canada trip. As usual, it was snowing that day. Just thought that there were plenty walleye, cat, and bass pictures here.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Mine is ice fishing out of the Crestliner on P3 this spring. You can actually see the belly of a sauger Crossin’ Eyes is fighting the upper left hand side of the hole.

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

My pic is a pair of Green Bay Walleyes caught pulling crawler harnesses across a reef. Both fish hit at the same time.

I didnt have a scale in the boat so you will have to guess the weight?

shew
    East Bethel, Minnesota

Quote:

Mine is ice fishing out of the Crestliner on P3 this spring.

Kooty we had no Idea thats what that was a few of us had some Ideas but that was no where near what we were going with.

Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

That’s t\what I was wondering! Couldn’t figure yours out Kooty!
    Mines my boy holding a stringer of assorted fish from up at the cabin!

Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

Anybody heard from my favorite avator lately… SKINDOG? Damn that one’s funny

sunnyd
    Central Minnesota

Mine is a 39 inch Northern caught on Mille Lacs trolling with a 10″ Jake for Muskie. Wouldn’t you know it, it was the only fish we caught all day. Biggest fish of my life probably approaching 20 lbs. This was a girthy fish that I won’t soon forget. She is still in there waiting for the next person to have an adventure…

Take care!

shew
    East Bethel, Minnesota

Quote:

Anybody heard from my favorite avator lately… SKINDOG? Damn that one’s funny

You know you have an odd one when your called out on it because everyone hopes you don’t always look like that.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

here he is

shew
    East Bethel, Minnesota

That is two nice fish B Sanders.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

trolling with a 10″ Jake for Muskie

Now that thar is funny…(and impossable)

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Almost forgot…that’s a picture of my new headlamp from Wallmart.

Oh, and the fish is a 3 lbs channel cat

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

My picture is my last California 10 pound Largemouth Bass ( I also caught a 10 plus a year or two before this one), I caught it during March 0f 2003 during one of my family trips out to near where I was raised. It was caught in the Sacramento River Delta. It measured 24 1/2 inches. I sent a pic to InFisherman Mag for a Master Angler Release patch. The Magazine also used this Bass (different pic) and myself in the Jan 05 issue article on Early Spring Giant Largemouth Bass. WOW, What a fish, It is also on my computer Wall Paper permanently. Jack..

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’m not responsible for my avatar, but they thought I looked alot like this guy.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Blue? Does the guy in your avitar have a chew in?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Nope no chew…just a penchant for pure evil..

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Mine is my son Christopher with his biggest (to date) crappie that he caught on Pine Lake just north of Somerset on his first trip to that lake when we moved there two years ago.

newt
    Pillager, MN

The fish in my left hand is my first largemouth over 5 lbs (21 1/4 inches), the one in my right hand is a 18 1/2 inch largemouth I caught on the next cast.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Mine is the first bass over 5 pounds I caught in a tournament.

Hope I can find that old gal again this spring sometime.

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

Mine is my first legal musky (caught on Pewaukee Lake in Waukesha County) after four years trying.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

My avatar is a nice 12″ crappie. I caught the fish while jigging a crawfish lure for bass. The fish was in three feet of water in early July.

jldii

Mine is a 28″ walleye I caught on Gull Lake while pre-fishing for the Camp Confidence Fishing Classic in 2000.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Mine is of some wierd 19″ botttom sucking fish ??????? Only to be outdone 2 minutes later when my grilfriend caught a 20.25″ bottom sucker.

Could someone tell me what this ugly, good for nothing, cattin’ cut bait thing is

That ought to get them boys stirred up

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Could someone tell me what this ugly, good for nothing, cattin’ cut bait thing is?

Hmmm…Looks to me like a picture of Rob Stenger….

sunnyd
    Central Minnesota

Briank:

Just curious about your comments… I have the lure if you would like me to take a picture of the marks caused by this fish. 10″ = 10 inches nothing spectacular about this bait and quite commonly used on Mille Lacs for trolling. My Muskie partner caught a 43″ muskie on almost the identical lure only about 10 days before I caught this one. I am probably missing out on some tongue-and-cheek humor that I need clarification on.

Take care!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Could someone tell me what this ugly, good for nothing, cattin’ cut bait thing is?

Hmmm…Looks to me like a picture of Rob Stenger….

BK – I stoled that line from you I think?? About Smallies being Cut bait for Cattin’. Why you dissin’ me like that

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.