Farewell Party for Steve & Amber Vick

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

As many of you know, Steve Vick will be leaving us as manager of Everts Resort at the end of this month. He will be moving to Duluth (St. Louis River reports anyone?!) with his wife where she will be starting her residency program. They have purchased a new home already and are excited about their future in a new area.

Those of us that have been fortunate enough to get to know Steve and Amber will greatly miss them. To send them off properly we are putting together a gathering at the Bluff Bar & Grill in Hagar City, WI – 7 PM on April 23rd. Everyone is invited to come have dinner and drinks with us, tell stories and wish them well.

If you can attend drop a reply here on this thread. If we look to have a good number planning to attend I will look at getting some space set aside for our group.

I look for many familiar faces to be there! Please come out and show your appreciation for two of the finest people many of us will ever have the pleasure of running across!

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

I will do what I can to make it down there, got it on the calendar.

shane

krisko
    Durand, WI

I’m off and I’ll make it down there. Steve’s a great guy and been super! Count me there don’t know if I’ll eat but I’ll be there for a couple of drinks with my girlfriend.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Everets will just not be the same without you around Steve
    Best of luck Steve & Amber you will be missed.
    I am turkey hunting the weekend of the 23rd but I will defiantly try and make it down.

Speaking of Everets it’s getting late, I am heading down to the river, see you in about an hour Steve!

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Can’t make it, but best of luck to Steve and Amber (Doc Amber?)

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

My visits to Everts was always a pleasurable one thanks to Steve Vick. You ran a first rate place Mr.Vick!!!!

And Best of luck to you Amber in your new position!

Steve, you know Duluth is just a short drive from Mille Lacs. I will have an open seat you any time in the boat or in the Otter……..

Best of luck in your move up north!!!! Duluth is a great spot to live…….cool in the summer and colder than he// in the winter!

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Best of Luck Steve and Amber! Good luck in your new adventures!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I have the children, but I will try to make it. Steve, you will be missed ! Now I have someone up there that can tell me when the Loopers are going!
    Now maybe you will have more time to get out fishing!
    Tuck

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Only been there once but was impressed with your operation. Good luck Steve and Amber.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

So…would this be called a “Steve and Amber Alert”?

I’ll be there with….pink on!

TBeirl514
    Covington Indiana

Steve & Ziggy Thanks for the past two years that we spent at your camp.We are sad to hear that you will not be there this August,but we understand and are very happy for you and Amber.Thank You once again .Tom

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Steve and Amber,
    I have known you since your DNR days, and have always valued your friendship and constant smile. hoping I can get you out on Chequamagon a few times this year. Best of Luck up NORTH you two. You both will be missed by a lot of friends.
    Jack…

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I’ll be there. We’ll send them off proper!!

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Thanks much everyone! I really appreciate all of your support for Amber and I….and Everts Resort. You guys have made the resort what it is today! Couldn’t have done it without you! Hope to see a bunch of you at the Bluffs. Thanks James for putting this together. Amber and I greatly appreciate it! Now….does anyone know of any good job openings in Duluth? Feel free to pass them along. Thanks and cya at the Bluffs.

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Wouldn’t miss it, even if Steve’s going to be there

big water
    Andover ,MN

good luck steve thanks for the reports on the river and i’ll look for you on the st. louis . that is another great river that i’m looking forward to dragging ring worms on
    hope to see you out there

redneck
    Rosemount

The Missus and I will definitely be there. Two questions: 1.Will Chris (RdneckJr) be able to attend at this establishment and 2.where is this place?

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

The Missus and I will definitely be there. Two questions: 1.Will Chris (RdneckJr) be able to attend at this establishment and 2.where is this place?

Chris will be able to get in there no problem. It is a nice bar and grill. It is just a few hundred yards north of the intersection of highways 63 and 35 in Hager City.

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

steve,amber
    eric and will try to be down. eric is fishing a tourney i am turkey hunting. if i get a tom we’ll be down. thanks for your friendship and info.
    mark eric
    we’ll look you up on the st.louis

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I am really going to hate seeing Steve and Amber leave. I was sure hoping that they would ended up in LaCrosse instead which would be alot closer. They are both very nice caring people for those of you who have never had the chance to meet them. Steve is going to really be missed from the resort but he has picked another very nice young man to run the Resort in his place so we all would be left in good hands. Thanks Steve for being a Bud and most of all just for being you.
    Thanks, Bill

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Count me in!!!!

Good luck on your move and wishing you the best!!!!

You will be greatly missed at Evert’s. Thanks for always taking care of us whenever we showed.

Lastly,
    Steve……

Are the fish going to be biting a week from this coming Thursday??? What will they be biting on??? How do you think the water will be then???

fishinfool
    mn

Sorry to see ya go. Your a hell of a lot nicer talking to than that old fart that used to own the place. We will miss you and the pup too. Good luck to ya and the family. FISHINFOOL.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Quote:

Count me in!!!!

Good luck on your move and wishing you the best!!!!

You will be greatly missed at Evert’s. Thanks for always taking care of us whenever we showed.

Lastly,
    Steve……

Are the fish going to be biting a week from this coming Thursday??? What will they be biting on??? How do you think the water will be then???

Boy i’m going to miss those questions! . It’s quite an honor to know that people think I can see into the future. If I knew the answer to all those questions, I would be the richest tourney fisherman out there! In all reality, i’ll probably be calling here for the same reports soon!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Good luck with the move Steve. You will be missed. I wish I could come down, but I’ll be out on Erie. I’ll name a piggy for you!!

fishmar

Steve,
    Since you will miss those calls,I will make sure the call forwarding feature is activated to your cell phone .Should I set it for about 4:30 am?

kczech
    St. Paul, MN

Hey Steve, I hope Everts can find someone to fill your shoes; their loss is a gain for the North Shore. We’ve talked a few times but your knowledge, thoughts and willingness to share left a lasting impression. Thank you, good luck and keep up the good work.
    Kristine

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome Kristine. Great to have you with us. Please feel free to share and post all you want.

Steve, your calling for fishing reports means your coming back to fish and we are holding you to it Bud.

Thanks, Bill

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

yeah like maybe the GTG that is going to happen. hint hint!! I know that you would have your pick of boat to go fishing out of. anyway, thanks for all the hard work that you have done at the ARM events and GTG, I know that you will be missed not only by us but also the little kids too.

shane

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Steve

I will sorely miss you and Amber. You have always been good to me and shared what knowledge you had at the time. And for that I will always be grateful. So glad I had a chance to know you.

I will do my da-dest to be there.
    The very best for you and Amber.

Good Luck
    Tom

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.