Muskygirl’s musky mount

• cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

My mount of my first musky is being displayed at our area Sports Show. I went Friday night to check it out and here are the pics. I get to pick it up on Sunday and it already has a spot above the fireplace in the new home.

cherilovell

Here’s another.

Fishing Machine
    Lansing, Ia

Nice fish there MG. One to be proud of for sure.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Nice fish Muskygirl!
    Congratulations on a fine catch.
    JWB

shyy

Beautiful muskie- congrats

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Good fish, what was the length and weight on that one?

GEEMAN
    Fort Atkinson , WI

VERY NICE ! That fish did’nt happen to come out of Pewaukee by chance did it ?

cherilovell

Quote:

VERY NICE ! That fish did’nt happen to come out of Pewaukee by chance did it ?

Yes, it did come out of Pewaukee. Nov 20th, 2004. Length was 38. This is a replica of the musky I am holding in my avaitor pic.

pyake

Who did the mount for you? That’s a great looking fish.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

MG, nice fish, mind if I ask how much the replica cost?

I’ve got pics of a couple ‘eyes that I’d like to have replicas made for, but I think the pair would run me over $800, which is a little rich – maybe I could get a two-fer special somewhere, but I haven’t seen one advertised.

Now all you need is a 2lb bass to stuff in it’s mouth, and you’ll have a great looking table piece!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

VERY nice fish there Cheri. Looks like you must be getting situated in the new ”home on the river”, , as you are getting back on board. Don’t stay away so long, you were missed. You and all the sharing and posting you do is much appreciated. And that goes for everyone else too-you are much appreciated.
    Thanks, Bill

dr_hook
    Minnestrista

Gianni:

I just picked up my replica smallmouth at Fiber Tech in Nisswa. I could not be happier with it. I was reluctant to do a replica after looking at numerous websites to check out their quality via the pics, so I drove up there to look at his work before moving forward. Well, his stuff was amazing….the website did it no justice. And, I am certain he’d come in below the $$ your talking about. PM me if you’d like more details (I’m not repping for this company, just happy with the quality and service).

Jeff

cherilovell

Quote:

MG, nice fish, mind if I ask how much the replica cost?

I’ve got pics of a couple ‘eyes that I’d like to have replicas made for, but I think the pair would run me over $800, which is a little rich – maybe I could get a two-fer special somewhere, but I haven’t seen one advertised.

Now all you need is a 2lb bass to stuff in it’s mouth, and you’ll have a great looking table piece!

The mount was done by Dan Johnson Taxidermist out of Oconomowoc, Wisconsin (Waukesha County). Yes, he did a great job. He also does repaintings, and animals as well.
    As for the cost, I could not tell you. It is being given to me by my buddy (in the pic) and my other fishing buddy who passed away this last Thanksgiving. I guess they had been in cahoots together about getting one done when ever I finally got my first musky. With this said, the mount means more to me then just my first musky, it also means the friendships you can build while fishing – they may be here one day and gone the next. Mike had been there since day one for me when I started to take up fishing back in 2000. He rooted me on when ever he knew I was going musky fishing and would be just as upset as I would finding out I didn’t get one yet. Mike died 5 days after finding out I finally got my first musky – but it wasn’t from me, it was from my other buddy. I kept saying I needed to send him the e-mail with the pic’s but with things going on at work and the holidays coming, I never found the time and regret it to this day. But I will have a piece of him in the that mount and there is a plaquc (sp) that goes with the mount in Mike’s memory because he helped me get Angler of the Month out of that fish.

cherilovell

Quote:

VERY nice fish there Cheri. Looks like you must be getting situated in the new ”home on the river”, , as you are getting back on board. Don’t stay away so long, you were missed. You and all the sharing and posting you do is much appreciated. And that goes for everyone else too-you are much appreciated.
    Thanks, Bill

Ya, were not moved in yet, still have a week and a half of work here and then move in is the 1st. ya, I know it’s been awhile since I was out here, with going out there on weekends and tying up things here at home, it’s not so easy getting on here. And with the whole “cat shotting thread gone bad, I kind of wanted to lay low as not to urine any one else off.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

And with the whole “cat shotting thread gone bad, I kind of wanted to lay low as not to urine any one else off.

You started a good thread.

It is not your fault that it went a stray. Just look around alot of the posts are not even about the subject that the thread is about. Once you start a thread you can not do a thing about how it is going to go, many different people with many different ideas.
    Ron

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Oh ya,

GREAT SKI

Ron

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Nice Musky Cheri,
    first in the boat of MANY.
    this is your year.
    Congrats!!!!
    Jack…

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

[And with the whole “cat shotting thread gone bad, I kind of wanted to lay low as not to urine any one else off]

Ya, but your pissing people off cause you haven’t been on here. So sit back, relax, and share and post away.
    Thanks, Bill

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I agree Bill, its not your fault Cheri that this is the way people feel about this subject. When somethings to be considered for law its good too get everyones feelings on the subject. Nice musky Cheri!

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

A Big Congrats, Cheri! That is one fine lookin replica.
    You will have very fond memories of that day everytime you glance at the fireplace wall!
    Good Job!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.