evenrude etec

• Terryherbison

I am looking at the new etec,Has any one had a bad incounter

scottsteil
    Central MN

Terry, I am running the E-TEC HO this year. I talked to several people while working the boat show this weekend. Everyone had great things to say about them. These were 50-90HP but eveyone was very happy with the motors. I feel confident running one this year!

Destry

I have had good luck with the ones Ive sold, one starter hang up but I dont think anyone I sold one to is unhappy and would rather have something else at this point.

ted-merdan

Scott – do you have a delivery date on your engine yet? I have heard some rumblings…

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

Terry , If your going to get it right, let’s get it right. It’s Evinrude E-TEC I have had 75 h.p. tiller for one season and I LOVE IT I had 2 Yamaha’s before and thought they we good,but the E-tec Blows the Yamaha’s away… With just a function performed with the starting sequence, you have automatically winterized and fogged your cylinders. I just took my rig out of storage this past Sunday, it has sat since middle of November. I squeezeed the ball 3 times and the motor fired off instasntly. I cannot say enough good things about this motor….Hairjig

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Mine had the starter issue, and LaCannes fixed it ASAP. I love mine! It is a 75.
    Tuck

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

I know if I had the money (or a gennie in a bottle) I’d swap my 2001 ficht 75 hp for one. And I LOVE my ficht.

o.m.f.t.
    Rochester Minn

I have a 75 e-tec on mine and am very happy with it. Jim

scottsteil
    Central MN

Sounds like by the end of next week. I just talked to Jill yesterday. They just finished production/testing and are starting to ship. My boat is not done yet so I am not to worried, Crystal Pierz Marine is hanging the motor so that it gets done in time for the first FLW tournament.

With that part issues, things got backed up. I just need boat/motor by the 25th, that is when I plan to test it.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

Chris,

did you get your new tiller yet?

Thats the only thing I dont like about the ETEC.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I was told it is shipping to my house. Have not seen it yet. I have been out of town for work.
    Tuck

SpinnerDave
    S.E. Iowa

What do you think of the E Tec commercial with the two guys in the bass boat. My kids just go nuts when comes it on but I must say I am getting alittle tired of it.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’ll be running a 200 E-Tec HO as well this season. If the big one’s run as nice and as strong as the mid-sized ones, she’ll be a heck of a nice motor.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Jame’s What boat will you have hooked up to your E-Tec?

Quote:

I’ll be running a 200 E-Tec HO as well this season. If the big one’s run as nice and as strong as the mid-sized ones, she’ll be a heck of a nice motor.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I have a new Lund Pro V 1900 SE on order and headed my way.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Very cool Got to love those Lunds!!!

emover
    Malcom, IA

saaawweeeettt
    Sounds like that ought to be Nice!

dave

o.m.f.t.
    Rochester Minn

James I just got a new pro-angler17 with a 75 e-tec. It is a great boat and motor, I love it. Are you going to scrape that crestliner sticker off? Good luck with it! Jim

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

I was probably one of the first on this site to get one.
    Ended up buying a 40. Didn’t thin the extra 3-4 MPH was worth another $750. But I am in love with it. Have had it for a year now. No problems.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.