Shooting Stray Cats

• cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

Quote:

Will someone please modify the thread title? The mispelling of “Shooting” is killing me!

Sorry for the mistake there B.C.

And yes, the only reason this was started was to see what everyone thought of this, and to remind everyone that if you feel you can no longer take care of your pet, do the right thing and don’t just let it roam free. The only reason we have a problem with stray animals is because of PEOPLE, and it’s not the animals fault. But, there is the problem and it needs to be address. I can say that I am not against or for the idea, but hope that the DNR looks at all the pro’s and con’s of this issue before passing it on to be made into law.

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Will someone please modify the thread title? The mispelling of “Shooting” is killing me!

Sorry for the mistake there B.C.

It’s all good, it was gettin’ to me after awhile there! LOL

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

do the right thing and don’t just let it roam free. The only reason we have a problem with stray animals is because of PEOPLE

Amen to that muskygirl!

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

Since others are adding stories, lemme add mine. Im gonna try to keep it short. Mid 90’s I was stationed in Va. while in the Navy. My neighbor had three cats who ran all over the neighborhood. Slept on her porch during the day. I had just put in a new heatpump. Lo and behold I notice my house isnt as cool as it had been for two weeks after installation, so I crawl under the house to see whats up. Fluffy and her two freinds have torn my duct work to shreds making a nest for their new kittens. Needless to say, I was a bit upset. 2500 bucks worth of new insulated ductwork is shot. I asked the neighbor what she planned to do about it. She tells me it isnt her cats that did it! I retirned under the house to grab fluffy and returned it to the neighbor by the scruff of the neck along with another handfull of kittens. She says..”thats not my cat” I was furious. So the next day on the ship, I went down to the boiler lab and got me some phenothaylene (sp?) Its the MAIN ingredient in exlax. I stopped at Sams club on the way home and got me a big 2lb can of starkist. I got home, opened the tuna, mixed in the phenothaylene and set it in my garbage can on top of the bags of trash. That evening I hear cats growling and look out the window..all three of them are eating it. Several days later, all three cats crawl up on Ms congeniality’s porch and die. You can guess why. PM me if you can’t figure it out. She calls the cops, tells them I killed her cats, the same cats who werent hers when I wanted 2500 bucks for new duct work! Cop questions me, I told him that I had thrown some stuff in the trash and the cats ate it..musta killed em. He tells her, If it was in my trash, it was just that, trash, and her inadequate control over her cats is the actual reason they died.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I say, if they take a creek chub, set the hook!
    Catch and release is optional. Do they have to be a certain size?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The slot in MN is above 7 inches.

Arzie
    East Bethel, Minnesota

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

Seriously now…..is this really what IDA is about? As I look at site numbers right now it says 26 members online and 52 guests in the last ten minutes. How far into this site will the guests get if the first post they read is about killing cats?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I think we should make this post the last post on this thread. Deal? All in favor…? Going once. Going twice.

Post closed.

Viewing 10 posts - 91 through 100 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.