Pool 4 03/05

• Destry

Broke in the new boat on a great day. Was very nice to be out. Found some walleye action in the morning. My partner was Scott Ferch from Owatonna. He caught most of the fish while I played with the boat. Most of the our quality fish came in 15′ range area not alot of them but the ones we caught or I should say he caught where all 19-22″. the next frame has one of scotts greatest catches of a lifetime. Hope to get down soon again. Good to see you guys (steve,dean,james and dustin)

Destry

A Dandy paddle

gundez-71
    South Minnesota

the next frame has one of Scotts greatest catches of a lifetime.

SCOTT, DANDY CATCH!! DID YOU GET A WEIGHT? BET YOUR DAD WOULD HAVE YUCKED IT UP IF YOU SHOWED HIM THAT ONE! HOW IS YOUR DAD DOING? WAITING FOR GOLF SEASON?

GUNDY

Chris
    Rochester, MN

I’ve never caught a paddlefish before so in the event that I do can someone tell me how to handle them so I don’t hurt myself or the fish. They don’t look like they have teeth but is there any dangerous body part? I’d assume the bill is pretty fragile? Thanks for the input

Chris

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

The second pic does that depth finder say 64.4ft

Fishing that whole at the roller gates, pulling them fish up from that deep is just killing them! Even if they swim away there eagle meat.

I now there are a zillion other boats doing it but I hope you eat them fish instead of throwing them to waste!

Destry

I wouldn’t let him bring it in the boat, he did pick it up by the bill and the thing started making all kinda of noises.

Destry

Hey thanks for the post. We didn’t pull any out of there we fished the edge of it and with the boat traffic sometimes had swing through deeper, but we didnt catch any fish out it besides the paddle, if you read up farther on the post it said 15′ you must have missed that. Hope that expains it for you ok.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

Good to see you Destry. Nice looking boat you got! You couldn’t have picked a better weekend to break it in.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Wish I would have hung around long enough to see you! I sure like the way you have your boat set up. I want to get some of those exterior lights you installed. Here is one of my guy from this weekend. Big Ben with the biggest fish for us of the weekend.
    Tuck

perchy
    Owatonna, MN

Destry, had a great time yesterday, especially when you had the privelege of buying me dinner! I can’t wait until you show me your secrets on catching enormous amounts of sheepies, I’ll have the camera ready! It was nice meeting you, Dean and Steve, looking forward to seeing you guys often this year. Brian, we share the same opinion as you do about fishing deep, sometimes a picture doesn’t tell the correct 1,000 words. It was a good day to be on the river again!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.