Fishing Rod Storage Question???

• barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

Headed to AZ tomorrow and I have only one place to put my one piece rods, both Shimano Clarus’s, and that place is inside the car against the top of the roof. Is it going to affect the rods being bent like that for a period of maybe a couple days till I get there, I have never been in this predicament so I guess I am really not sure and dont want to risk damaging my rods. Any suggestions or info is appreciated.

Cooner
    Hastings, MN

PVC pipe with a cap on each end maybe $10. Then strap it to the outside.
    Just my $.02

slab-hunter
    Red Wing, MN

I agree with Cooner, use a piece of 4″ PVC, glue a cap on 1 end and use a threaded plug on the other. Wrap the rods in newspaper fairly well and slide them in, making sure to use extra paper in the ends of the tube. I sent my 4 prized rods to Fla. and back via UPS this way, no problems.

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

I thought of doing that but I have no roof rack and I am leaving in a few hours so not enough time to get one put on, for that matter this would probably be the only time I would use it so not worth the $$$ Ill just have to hope that it dont damage my rods, they arent bent too much. I usually have plenty of room for rod storage but not this time.

MTNet
    Champlin

Duct tape them to the ceiling inside, fron to back, maybe angling them from corner to corner, take the reels off though.

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

Sunlight + bent rods = disaster!

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

No duct tape no problems, I just took off the reels like MT mentioned and latched them up in the garment clips, worked out great, didnt bend too much at all once the reels were out of the way. Thanks for the offers and suggestions.

MTNet
    Champlin

Great! How was the trip?

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

Well the weather was fair for the most part, Tshirt weather. I went and did some sight seeing out in the Superstition Mountains and I also took just a few hours to go fishing at Canyon Lake. The fishing has been poor around the area with above average rainfalls making for some seriously muddy waters, I was going to rent a boat but I think Ill save that for another year when conditions are better. Needless to say I didnt catch anything other than a few happy hour buzzes.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.