Mechanic Question/Need Help!

• rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Mike,

I see in the phone book your business is PPMI Motorsports. Do you also do auto/truck repairs regularly? I am always looking for a good mechanic I can trust in Rochester.

big dad
    Rochester, Minnesota

Yes, we fix anything from mini bikes to semi trucks. The Motorsports part of our company name is a bit misleading. When my original partner and I started the company in 1991, it was strictly for our own racecars, eventually evolving into working on other people’s race cars. About 6 years ago, we got cancelled by our insurance company because they did not want the liability exposure of working on race cars. At that time, we 100% quit the racing business and concentrated our efforts on building a fleet maintenance business. Currently, we service 38 commercial fleets. We do a fair amount of private vehicle work although nearly 100% of that part of the business is either people who work for one of our fleets or “word of mouth” referrals. Although we do not solicit private work, we welcome it as it is very nice fill in work during slow spells in our fleet work.
    Thank you Bill (and everyone) for the kind words, I do appreciate it and strive to be fair and accurate with our work.
    Mike

big dad
    Rochester, Minnesota

P.S. In response to Riverratt, Goosekiller, and maybe others regarding fuel filter replacement – EXCELLENT ADVICE!
    All of our fleet vehicles (gas and diesel) get fuel filter replacement every 30,000 miles. I could list off dozens of GM vehicles in particular with 200,000 miles or better that have never had fuel pumps replaced. Included in this list would be my old van which is a 1989 Chev with 300,000 plus on it that is still running on the original fuel pump.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I want to say ”Thanks” to everyone who gave advice by posting and also by pms to me. Thanks alot guys. I put the Van to the test yesterday with a trip by myself and my son Nate as we drove it up to the Walleye/Bass Expo in Blaine, Mn. which is in the northern part of the Twin Cities. It ran GREAT! Thanks again Mike.
    Thanks, Bill

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

This was a fun post to read

Big Dad…you rock !!!

I’m sure the next time my vehicle needs some work I’ll just have to take my wife on a shopping trip to Rochester and get the car fixed at the same time…

Do you loan out any race car loaners this could be fun !!

It was fun watching you and your son race your sleds at the ice GTG….It was good seeing you there

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Dave,
    better yet drop the wife off for some shopping and you and I can go fishing.

Quote:

I’m sure the next time my vehicle needs some work I’ll just have to take my wife on a shopping trip to Rochester and get the car fixed at the same time…

big dad
    Rochester, Minnesota

Careful combining a car that needs work with a shopping trip. High ticket items (new car) could happen way to easily – LOL! Glad it’s running good Bill – should be set for quite a while!

2Fishy4U

Thanks for the education. My kid is a GM Tech and I am going to have him read your initial post and see what he comes up with.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.