need some help

• john_r
    LaCrosse Wi

Wanted to know if anyone has any idea where I can get something to cover my jig,lures that are attached to my poles when they lay in the bottom of my boat. Just have a flatbottom and don’t want my dog to get caught. I have seen in boats that they have what looks to be maybe a nylon or other fabric with velcro that they wrap around the pole and jig. I have asked different sport shops and nobody has them, so, any ideas? thanks–John

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

John,

Here’s a local company that might be what you are looking for. They are out of La Crosse.

tcfishing
    Anoka, MN

Cabela’s has what I think your looking for. It is a fabric that wraps around your fishing rod and lure. I have them and they work good.

john_r
    LaCrosse Wi

Wow, that was quick!!! Blue, thanks for the response, just what I am looking for, sent them an e-mail. Another reason this site is so good. Ya get good advise and answers to questions. thanks again-John

Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

John,Go to Cabela’s and do a search under “Sav-A-Pig”, you’ll find something that works very well. It’s actually for keeping your pork chunk moist while you’re not using it, but would work great for your need. I don’t know if you can find something cheaper, not that these break the bank anyway.Good Luck

john_r
    LaCrosse Wi

thanks guys, ya know I did ask at Cabelas, that was last year, and the guy didn’t know what I was talking about. Must have got the wrong guy, will check them out also, thanks-John

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

This is what I found at the Cabelas website.

Here’s where I found it.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

John, are you a Superintendent at La Crescent High School?

Jim K
    Mpls, Mn

John,Oops! Instead of Cabela’s try Bass Pro-I just checked. Searching for Sav-A-Pig I got info on what I was talking about.

grampajimh
    Delmar, IA

John Last Fall I got the ones at Cabela’s that fold over the lure with velcro. I wasn’t happy with them because the hooks would get snagged in the velcro and nylon.

Blue those Snap a Lure look like the thing and not very costly. Have you tried them? Would they damage your rod or line? My wife has a 171# Rotty that goes with us at times. I would have to find a new home if he got one of those trebles in him.

Thanks
    JIM

bassinfever
    Wausau, WI

John, Gander Mountain has some lure wraps in stock. Give them a call.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.