How many nascars fans we got

• JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

I am ready for it all to start this sat nite is the bud shoot out.It is going to be a sad year with a couple legends retireing after this season

jason26
    Cedar Falls, IA

I like nascar. I use to watch every race when john deere had their car but now i just catch about half of the races.

JohnEngler

Die hard Sterling Marlin Fan ANYBODY BUT GORDON!!!

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

Die hard Sterling Marlin Fan ANYBODY BUT GORDON!!!

I think that’s why I like him so much everybody hates him…

Jimmy Johnson was the Champ last year as far as I am concerned..

ducksmuggler
    Red Wing, MN

cuts in to fishing time (not a big fan) but do enjoy

gregory
    Red wing,mn

88 all the way

nate-cadwell
    Rochester, Mn

88 is right now if he would just drive the dang truck

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

I like number 8 and also number 17.

thanks

shane

putzkid
    St. Paul, MN

Ricky Rudd here.

Now that Dick Trickle is done of course.

bigpike

Not a fan, dont get it…..

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Do get it…… and LOVE IT! If it has a motor and races, I like to watch ’em go!!!

Full Career Jeff Gordon fan. I picked him back in the “who’s this kid?” days and like him or not, he’s one of the most respected faces in the sport and the boy flat knows how to wheel a car!

I too like #48. That guy’s amazing!

Mark Martin will be missed and deserves a championship……. he really does. Gordon stole Martin’s thunder in ’98.

Kasey Kahne has been impressive at times……… I’m interested in seeing what the Evernham camp can produce this year.

Dale Jr. – How can’t you like him? He races hard and is the most “as it is” commentator in his post race interviews.

But…….. Drive for 5 in ’05. That’s where I’ll be and if any of the other guys I mentioned take the title, I can live with it.

gundez-71
    South Minnesota

#17 MATT KENSETH GETS MY STEERING WHEEL. LOST MY ALL TIME FAVORITE WHEN #7 ALAN KULWICKI LEFT US.

GUNDY

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

lol Nate, everybody loves the truck .#3 Isn’t the same w/out him, but now I pull for #29,#8 and Jeff Burton(sense he joined RCR), alittle for #20 also.Speedweek is close,ya,ya.

I heard a woman say they keep driving in circles cause they don’t know how to stop in ask for directions .

TroyR
    Silver Lake MN

2005 Nextel Cup Champion Jimmy Johnson!!!

horsch
    Hastings, MN

cant wait!! sometimes i cant stay and watch the shole race so tape and then watch the ending!! I like Kurt Bush, i see his brother coming up this year too!! otherwise Ryan Newman too.

TroyR
    Silver Lake MN

You had me at Kurt Busch. You lost me at Ryan Newman.

bigweav
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

JUNIOR

bassinfever
    Wausau, WI

#8 junior fan. #17, #20, and #6 are there too.

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

I heard some place that Petty is racing with Everham engines that will be interesting to watch

KBarber1972

Just a few comments of my own.

Mark Martin does deserve a championship but not 98 when Gordon won the chapionship but (i don’t remeber the year off the top of my head they all start torun togethrt after a while)back in the early 90’s when nascar robbed it from him and gave it to Earnhardt. Now don’t get me wrong I was a lot bigger Earnhardt fan than Martin but no one deserves to have that happen to them.

Petty is hooking up with Everenham for engines and all those dodge guys work together on setups so start watching for them up front more often.

And last but not least GO JR. GET THEM THIS YEAR AND MAKE THE OLD MAN PROUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Yeah, I’m aware of the year Martin got edged for another #3 championship. I stated ’98 because he had almost the same top 10’s and top 5’s as Gordon and won 7 races. Under the old points system, 7 wins and consistant top 10 finishes got you a championship. However, Gordon won 13 races that year, tying Richard Petty’s “most wins in a season” record. In many of Gordon’s wins, Martin was 2nd. The rest of the field wasn’t within 400 points of these guys.

This is why I say he got robbed in ’98. He had a championship deserving (and typically resulting in), championship style year. 20 of 34 races won between 2 guys! How dominant is that? No one was close to either guy but in the end, Gordon edged far enough ahead to clinch his 3rd title in 4 years.

Mark’s been a consistant front runner for most of his seasons and he’s a good clean racer. I’m not a huge fan of his but it would be nice to see him get one for the tropy case.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.