Please save Toby !!

• blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

That is so wrong on many, many levels.

krisko
    Durand, WI

Blue you are so right….That is so wrong! The girls here at work laughed too!

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Somebody actually gave money to that idiot!?

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

That man is a genius

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Toby or not Toby? That is the question!

krisko
    Durand, WI

Hate to say it but a “save Toby” trucker hat would be cool! I just can’t see spending the money though.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Ingenious, I can just sense a tide of donations from PETA rolling in!
    Geronimo

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

He has over $11,000 in donations already. Ingenius despite being twisted. I sent it to a girl in my office that used to have a pet rabbit. It almost brought her to tears. I think she might send a donation.

Eyehunter

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

only in America!

If it wasn’t for that darn cat!

Cooner
    Hastings, MN

I wonder what I can get the skin for? I could use some more fly tying materials.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Holy smack down

Quote:

He has over $11,000 in donations already. Ingenius despite being twisted. I sent it to a girl in my office that used to have a pet rabbit. It almost brought her to tears. I think she might send a donation.

Eyehunter

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Save Jim the walleye. I’m going to catch him and eat him on Wis opener. Send money.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Better yet “Bob” the bluegill. He’s going down tomorrow unless I receive a large sum…..

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

You guys seriously need more work to do!

krisko
    Durand, WI

Work I am working….gotta have something to think about when you can’t be outside today.

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

What the?……this guy must have fell of his rocker. If he really has $11,000 in that account he’s a master mind……in some sort of duranged way

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

Very dishearting and sad.

jldii

I’ve got a great recipe for Toby.

Slow cooked in white wine with cream, mushrooms, and pearl onions. Served with some roasted garlic mashed potatos, or if you want, we could make that rissoto. mmmmmmmmmm!

Toby tastes like…. chicken!! lol

cherilovell

Speaking of PETA, has any one seen the new commercial for Pace Salsa – they show a cow getting tagged (spray painted like a New York graffiti wall) – wonder what their saying about that ( not that it matters – Pace was reaching pretty far for this idea – pretty stupid in my opinion).

jwellsy

I think their latest move is to try and ban the sale of all lead bullets in California under the guise of protecting Condors.
    Evil Lead Bullet Ban

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Geez! His grand total went up almost $1,000 in a day…. I guess there alot of people out there that have too much money or just too gullible. I suppose we could put a baby kitten on a site and say the same thing but it just isn’t as believable since cats don’t taste as good as rabbits .

johngalt3000

I sent the following e-mail to [email protected]:

To whom it may concern:

A friend of mine sent me a link to savetoby.com. When I argued against the logic of the attempt to relieve a crisis that is merely created by the request for such relief, the friend argued in defense of the site in question based upon the claim that all excess money will be donated to charities. In response, I ask that the foilowing concerns be addressed:

How can we trust your claims? We cannot even be sure if Toby exists, much less that all extra money will go to charity. The only response that I can surmise is the character of the webmaster, but that character is called into question by the very act of threatening to kill a pet.

What is the point in contributing to savetoby.com when this only dilutes the charitable impact of the donation relative to donating directly to various deserving organizations? I would rather give less toward the maintenance of savetoby.com and use that money for efforts to actually help suffering people.

Is it not against individuals’ financial interest to support charities via savetoby.com? Since savetoby.com is apparently not a 501(c)(3) organization, donating via this site would prevent anyone from having valid claim to a tax deduction for the final charitable contributions.

Speaking of taxation, the individual receiving the contributions is acquiring a tax liability from receiving huge gifts of money. Even when the site operator is able to make deductions for charitable contributions, a significant tax burden will likely remain. Will this be paid from the operator’s own money? If not, then will money from the contributions to the site not have to be used to pay the IRS? If this is the case, then people should be made aware that obligations to the relevant tax authorities will be a major expense that will dilute the charitable impact of their donations.

I ask that you respond to these concerns in order to provide adequate information about your public appeal for funds. If not addressed, then these concerns will only give me cause to conclude that your web site is a fraud.

Chris
    Rochester, MN

I guess we could ask him how much he is charging for his own webmaster services. Is he using a trial Dreamweaver client or the full version of that or similar software and using it as an expense? Is he charging $100 for a bowl of water like the gov’t? A full disclosure of related expenses is in order imo. Saying that the rest of the money other than operating costs (including the “etc”)is going to the Tsunami relief effort is probably a cop out and maybe used because it is such a severe tragedy that people want to help with, he may figure it hits a soft-spot…..but maybe not. I’m very skeptical of everything in this world especially stuff as vague as this Toby thing. Still a very funny concept.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

CatchnRelease I agree totally! As P.T. Barnum once said “There’s a sucker born every minute.” I have to believe this is “Toby’s” target population. Who is to say anything on the Save Toby website, including the amount of money collected, is factual? The guy will, no doubt, laugh all the way to the bank(which may be, for all we know, in the Kaymen Islands)! Con Artists, if they do bother to file tax returns, are notorious for under reporting income!

cherilovell

I am on Hmmmmmm side to a point. If you are going to raise money for the needy – show more heart breaking photos of the needy and not tell us your going to kill the bunny. It’s holding a living creature hostage just to profit somewhere even if it is for the needy which I don’t believe it is. I am in the process of trying to raise $4200 for my self as it is so I can move. Am I going to kill someone if I come up short? No, I’ll just live with it and keep trying. Please don’t start in on me like what was done to Hmmmmm. This is just my opinion.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I have two words. CROCK POT!
    Tuck

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.