Everything happens for a reason, right?

• Fishbone4
    Norwood, Minnesota

I left on vacation last week, and the whole company fell apart!!

Literally!

I came back to no job…. they shut their doors while I was gone, and that’s it, it’s over. No warning, no severence, no goodbyes, not even pay for our last week of work…. oh, and my 5 weeks of accrued vacation…. gone! And I was so looking forward to using it to prefish with Buckshot this summer. So, now after six years, I’m looking for a job. I loved what I did, and I hope to find something similar (with better pay, of course…. after all, if I have to start over, I might as well shoot for a better salary).

So, if anyone knows of someone who needs a good numbers/computer mind in the administrative/support area, let me know. I’d be eternally grateful for any leads (especially in the southwest suburbs).

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Where about are you looking to work? I may have something if you’re in or around the Twin Cities.

shew
    East Bethel, Minnesota

I have always felt that way as I gunned for the job of my life for 6 years. I was vary close many times but never got it. Had I got it I dont know if I could have taken the cut in pay. When I did get it the cut in pay was no problem. I really feel you are right with “Eveything happening for a reason”. I’m sure there is a higher power which has a plan for you.
    Hope everything gets better for you. If I hear of anything I’ll pass it on to you.
    Sorry

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

Tell buckshot to get the lead out then you can stay at home and he can support you . Boy I’m gonna pay for this one

rickk
    Eagan, MN

Are you looking for computer support or high-level administrative assistant (professional secretary) type work?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Hey Brat,

I have informed my friends of this so hopefully one of can come up with a lead.

I’m sorry you had to find out the way you did. It’s not easy no matter what, but this is just plain crappy.

I’ll let you know if I see anything!!

Fishbone4
    Norwood, Minnesota

Quote:

Tell buckshot to get the lead out then you can stay at home and he can support you . Boy I’m gonna pay for this one

Actually Stick Boy, I think his response was, and I quote:

“Oh good, now you can go get a better paying job, and support me so I can go Pro.”

Ringworm: I, of course, am open to anything… I love to learn and expand my horizons, but possibly more toward the high-level administrative support. I was (up until last week) the Marketing Assistant for the VP of Marketing here, but I did all of the sales analysis, profitability, commission and inventory evaluation reports. I love numbers, and the analysis of such. I am proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, and Excel) although, my true love is really Excel (right behind Buckshot of course. ) and all it has to offer, and I wrote reports in our system here, as well as programming jobs in my past life, so I’m somewhat familiar with working with systems, and their specific languages. My head just sort of processes numbers and computers, so that’s where I’m comfortable. Oh, and I love supporting people… I like the behind the scenes work… but again, my horizons are expandable. More than you wanted to know??

Thanks everyone for your support and help. I really appreciate it.

Fishbone4
    Norwood, Minnesota

I live closest to the Southwest Suburbs (I actually live in Norwood, but if that sounds foreign to you, then think Waconia or Chaska)…. either way, the Chanhassen, Eden Prairie, Minnetonka, even Edina or Bloomington area is feasible. Of course, Buckshot is in Plymouth, and I spend a fair amount of time over there too.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Brat,
    Sorry to hear about your job that really stinks the way you found out. I know what it is like to lose a job you love been there done that, but like you & Adam said everything does happen for a reason. I have a much better job now and a lot more opportunities also. Keep your head up and keep a positive attitude and something will turn up for you.

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

Actually Stick Boy, I think his response was, and I quote:

“Oh good, now you can go get a better paying job, and support me so I can go Pro.”
    If I help you find a better paying job will you support me in my journey to be a pro?????????

Fishbone4
    Norwood, Minnesota

Sure Stick – if I can support him and have enough left over, you’re next on the list. Anyone else want to sign up??

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the support and tips. You guys are awesome!! A special thanks to all of those who sent me PMs with leads. I will look into them all.

This is a super community of people, and I hope I can return the favor some day.

Thank you!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.