Beer saves mans life

• Cooner
    Hastings, MN

Man peed way out of avalanche

A Slovak man trapped in his car under an avalanche freed himself by drinking 60 bottles of beer and urinating on the snow to melt it.

Rescue teams found Richard Kral drunk and staggering along a mountain path four days after his Audi car was buried in the Slovak Tatra mountains.

He told them that after the avalanche, he had opened his car window and tried to dig his way out.

But as he dug with his hands, he realised the snow would fill his car before he managed to break through.

He had 60 half-litre bottles of beer in his car as he was going on holiday, and after cracking one open to think about the problem he realised he could urinate on the snow to melt it, local media reported.

He said: “I was scooping the snow from above me and packing it down below the window, and then I peed on it to melt it. It was hard and now my kidneys and liver hurt. But I’m glad the beer I took on holiday turned out to be useful and I managed to get out of there.”

Parts of Europe have this week been hit by the heaviest snowfalls since 1941, with some places registering more than ten feet of snow in 24 hours.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Well there’s another one for the list of “Why beer is better than a woman”.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Fortunate it wasn’t a woman!

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Good story…

Beer – Helping drunk men escape an avalanche since 2005.

krisko
    Durand, WI

The terrible thing is, try to pee out your window or think about doing it anyway. That would be really tough I mean not like I’ve tried or anything I must quote a GREAT AND WONDERFUL MAN, “MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM BEER !” Homer Simpson

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

As I said earlier…..Fortunate it wasn’t a woman!

rmartin
    United States

You would think asphixization from the resultant gases would have gotten to him first.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

You would think asphixization from the resultant gases would have gotten to him first.

60 half litre’s, wow is right about the gas problem. I have a 12 pack and it’s bad. He probably lit the methane and used it to warm himself by the flames.

rmartin
    United States

He could have lit a match and blew himself out.

Fishnfuul
    White Bear Lake, Mn.

I heard this story Sat, as much as I wish it were true, I can’t buy it. If the guy was buried for even 3 full days, how did he breath? And just how much snow can you pack down by peeing on it? he was probably free the first handful or two and decided to just stay where he was….

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I don’t know if it’s true either, but because snow traps air…a person could at least in theory last a few days by excavation snow and releasing it’s trapped air.

I’m thinking his wife wanted him to go golfing and it was a good excuse to get out of it and drink a little in peace and quiet….just my thought.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Just goes to show that many good things can happen to the genteel when ones around a beer(s). Ahhhhhhh, cold with ice crystals swirling in it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.