for anyone interested I need some help

• clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

Some wise a** kids decided to build a snowmobile jump right where everyone comes to fish lake isabel. I will be going down there about dark to start drilling holes and leaving ice mounds all around the area. maybe that will get them to move out of the area. Anyone interested in coming to the party? I will see you about dark.

charlieb
    Nashua Iowa

If i was any where near you I’d definately help

18fisher
    Hastings,MN

Even though i dont have an auger i’d be more than happpy to help. let me know if id still be of help. ill check back later

clarence_chapman

I will be heading down there at about 5:35.
    Wouldn’t it have been funny if about 20 fisherman came down there and were fishing all around their jump when they showed up.

clarence_chapman

Funny how when you start drilling say…..70 holes around a big pile of snow on the ice, the pile starts to sink.

If anyone goes down there and it looks like they are still using it feel free to add a few holes.

I was down there this PM and they wouldn’t hesitated to go right past my shack.

gregory
    Red wing,mn

ditch the auger, get a chain saw and cut a large square …put a tip up at the landing or the approach

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Clarence, is this about where the kids and I were the other day? If so, I wouldn’t mind checking out the new blades on my auger for 50 holes or so. I’m leaving for the GTG tomorrow but if there is anything I can do next week, let me know.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

I understand your frustration, but I dont see making it dangerous for sleds and threating their lives (chain saw hole on approach that may not been seen in dark) as being a wise solution. If they are not breaking any laws, I would recommend finding somewhere else to fish or getting a plow and leveling the hill. No point in trying to hurt others that may not see the new danger where they have been running.

TBeirl514
    Covington Indiana

Please think it over,you said KIDS ,I would feel really bad if I hurt or killed someone over a fishing hole.The lake belongs to everybody,not much you can do about it but talk to them,I hope things work out for all parties.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

It just flat out sucks when people have no respect.

What does a guy do???

They are not breaking the law, but it could be construed as harrassment. It could be a possibility to put in a complaint to the local authorities, as a form of harrassment???

Another option is to maybe drill holes and put tree branches in the hole to deter them from driving in the area………

Cooner
    Hastings, MN

I would give you a hand but I am headed up to Winni tonite. If it’s still there next week and you want some help give me a shout. Any chance we could just destroy the jump? Maybe we will have to have a little fishin GTG and the when they show up “suggest” they move it.

dinosaur
    South St. Paul, Mn.

If the snomobilers are harrassing fishermen then a call to the Sherriff or local CO would be the best. Reckless operation on public property is a ticketable offense.

Dino

clarence_chapman

Dave, apparently you have never fished the lake.
    There is an area on the lake that you really only catch fish. And that is the area that most everyone who comes to the lake to fish….And these kids new it. (They are local kids that actually live on the other side of the lake.)

Making the terrain around this thing isn’t anything that’s necessarily dangerous unless they never go on a rough trail but it will definitely make them slow down. Which kinda makes the Jump pointless.
    So Putz..yes that’s where I am talking about.

I guess if they show up putting a tip up on each end might work.

jldii

Put a shack up just in front of the jump, and another right where they have to land.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.