Viking-Packer Tilt

• jldii

Maybe Favre should change his steakhouses into bakeries!!

BRETT FAVRE BAKERIES
    We specialize in hot turnovers!

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Lest the EyeJacker is totally misunderstood, let me say that neither, Randy, his actions nor the icon offend me, actually they all bring a smile! Butt, then who is to say I am a classy guy!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Profile:

Reverse angle

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Quote:

L.A. Times has it wrong… it’s not the Packer’s fault, Moss’ butt cost them the game.

Right on, butt only because it to often was in the GB endzone with the football in his cluthes!

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Ahhhh, yet another view of the end zone!

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Slop,

To my way of thinking a moon is a moon,is a moon….etc. Generally intended to be humorous albeit a bit ribald. A picture of one mooning (or going through the motions) and a cartoon character doing likewise convey a similar message. I personally have not a problem with it! The reaction, like to “art”, is in the eye of the beholder! I was looking forward to meeting some of you guys at the GTG, but now that Gianni apparently has dis-invited me, I guess that may have to wait.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

but now that Gianni apparently has dis-invited me, I guess that may have to wait.

I wouldn’t worry about Gianni, he’s probably still bitter about not being able to start his power auger….

Please allow me to reinstate your invite to the GTG.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I double reinstate you

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Lol Man oh man did Randy get what he wants lol Do i agree with a lot of the stuff he says heck no he just says dumb stuff sometimes cause were all human and we all do. But he is getting done what he wanted…do u honestly think he didnt plan on getting every one in the media, and let alone the great cheese factory freaking out like its all gonna end because of that? The NFL has turned into a game of who will have the best dance in the end zone and I honestly love it. Do i love football yep sure do play it still but I still have a to love when anyone gets a good dance or celebration to get the media goin lol Joe Horn dialing up the cell phone, TO signing the camera and the ball int he end zone after a TD or McNabb doin the moon walk on our vikes in week 2 lol woohoo I am mad he danced it was funny then even though my vikes got stomped but I dont cry about it lol just sayin chill people lol Yes i can see some taking it the wrong way but that is what he wants cause once again all week long and all pre game next week that is all they are gonna talk about is him and not what is wrong or the vikes need to do. I am sure that the Packers pre game show on FOX will talk about it..oh wait that shows probably done now isnt it till next august lol just kidding guys. I just laugh though when people say the only reason we like it is because were from Minnesota…well thats way off I love watching TO and McNabb hook up and wish TO could play next week win or loose because Randy and TO are just that damn good and they get do what they want is all the NFL has come down too…oh a 10,000 dollar fine! that means no bar hopping tonight lol come on guys seriously until they actually do something about it they wont give the h$ll what they do or say. So until they do something I am just gonna laugh cause its entertaining for me and its just an opinion i know guys but I refuse to loose sleep over it sorry lol. I am sure if Randy would have blown kisses to the crowd and pointed someone out everytime like Daunte or did the dance like Burleson it would have been a HUGE deal to then lol but all i gotta say is people the more you cry the happier you got the GREATEST wide out ever laughing lol that should get some goin sorry for grammar or spelling erros for everyone that picks people apart for it on other forums but no time to go back over it at the moment

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Hey Packer-backers………what do you have to say about them apples????

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

I certainly didn’t mean to un-invite anyone to the GTG, just warn them that mooning will be one of the key activities. That, and getting towed behind a vehicle on skates.

rmartin
    United States

Somehow #6 and #9 got left out of the ESPN survey posted here and #2 should have had more choices:

6) Which of Randy Moss’ incidents was most upsetting?

40.7% Saying ”I play when I want to play”
    34.6% Bumping traffic cop with his SUV
    18.5% Leaving field with 2 seconds to play
    6.2% ”Mooning” Lambeau Field

9) How will the Vikings season end?

53.5% Lose to Eagles in divisional playoff
    19.8% Lose in NFC championship
    16.6% Win Super Bowl
    10.2% Lose Super Bowl

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Randy needs to understand he needs to act like an adult and turn a cheek .

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Quote:

I certainly didn’t mean to un-invite anyone to the GTG, just warn them that mooning will be one of the key activities. That, and getting towed behind a vehicle on skates.

Sounds cool enough, just one lingering concern:Will I be able to let go of the rope if I so choose or will it be lashed to my neck?

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

I would just like to congradulate Mr. Favre on containing his status as the most over-rated QB of ALL TIME

4 picks in one game….gotta love it

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

What did people say about Jake Plummers finger deal? Not much, yet they showed it several times on Sportcenter but that big fat slob last night on SC said “were not even going to show it to you”

They can kiss my A$$ as far as I’m concerned. And same to those clowns on Fox.

Hey Collinsworth.. Moss will always be better than you, get over it already.

Boy, cant wait to see what the fungus potato head looking Bradshaw has to say about this one.

rmartin
    United States

Farve had a bad day, so does everyone else. The first 2 picks were more the receivers fault. Credit to the Vikings for being in the right places. They usually are not. If they would play like this all the time they could be more of a force in the league.

Washed up? How about the Dec 24 game?
    Over-rated? Hardly

Is the NFL’s only three-time MVP (1995-97)
    7 Pro Bowl invitations
    Ranks in the NFL’s top five in four major passing categories: second in touchdowns (346), fourth in completions (3,960), fifth in attempts (6,464), fifth in yards (45,646)
    With a career record of 125-64, holds the fourth-highest winning percentage (.661) among starting QBs who have begun their careers since the 1970 league merger (min. 100 starts)
    Possesses a remarkable 29-0 record (36-1 including playoffs) at home when the game-time temperature is 34 degrees or below; passer rating in those contests is 96.0
    Has started 189 consecutive games (208 including playoffs), which is an NFL record for a quarterback

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I sure hope the bickering stops soon. It is a football game, that’s it. Whether they win or lose (Vikes or Pack), life will go on as it affects none of our personal lives….geeesh
    I am a life long Broncos fan and they got SMOKED Sunday. They really took a beating from the Colts who played an outstanding game and deserved the win, end of story. Get back out and do some fishing, shed hunting, or drinking beer and move on.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Truly a great record and a sterling character, but alas, all good things must come to an end. My reading of the tea leaves leads me to believe the end is near if not already here. P.S. Did I see him take a poke at one of the Viks Sunday?

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

I was just watching the Mike Sherman Show (Packers coach) and I think he said it the best “We didn’t play well enough or showed we wanted it enough to win. The Vikings play well enough and so they deserved to win”.
    I am a Packer fan but feel also that they didn’t play like they wanted it and that too bad. I am not going to cry about it thou or “go hide”. This year is a new year and time will tell if they chose to learn from their mistakes.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

The Randy saga gets even better. Micheal Irvin now says Randy Moss thinks of only himself. And to be a great player, you need to think of others.

I have to say Micheal is not a selfish guy. I mean he did share all that cocaine with his two hookers while he was thinking about his team.

jldii

Here is something I’ve copy/pasted for everyone from another site. Makes me think about it from a different angle.

“I can say I’ve had it up to here with Moss debate. So much of this outrage seems so disingenious that it borders on silly. If the fickle Joe Buck, in his completely uninformed typical fashion, had not feigned outrage at his endzone celebration many people would have simply laughed it off.

Why is Joe Buck a complete idiot, along with the FOX crew? More on that buffoon in a minute. Everyone at Fox picked the Vikings to get trounced, and there they sat. Much egg on their faces. Thank God Randy Moss could save the day and let them focus on something other than their own vitriol hatred of the Vikings and their transparent worship of Favre and the terminally untalented Packers.

What should you know about the Moss incident? What should you know about who is a classless lot? The truth is, the Packers fans are the classless lot who started the whole mess. The whole tradition. Leave it to the drunk Packer fans to invent such a tradition: after every visit to Lambeau in which the Vikings lose, Packer fans line up outside the team bus and moon the team.

So, Moss had some fun with the fans. They understood, he understood. Joe Buck should go back to baseball and something he understands. Usually commentators are picked for their neutrality in games, but as usual with the Pack they simply can’t do so. They must move every game to insure sufficient spotlight of the beam of faded glory always shines on FOX posterboy Brett Favre. This from the NETWORK which features the most classless programming that is slammed down the public’s throats everyday which is FOX. I am regularly ashamed of FOX and the programming they produce as a very sad commentary on feeding off the lowest common denominator in society while simultaneously shrugging off standards and ethics. Ergo, I am less than surprised they found something to blow up and keep the media buzzing for the week.

Shine on, Moss, and the Vikings. It’s beautiful to know the truth and see that the reflection each of those Packer fans saw on Randy’s uniformed butt was their own reflection.”

How many times this year has a Packer game been rescheduled to a later time slot so they could be on national T.V.?

wallclimber
    Stoddard WI

This packer fan took his viking fan wife fishing pre game ,shoveled the snow drilled the holes, then covered the portable edges with snow. She out fished me too one i think it was a omen I took the fish home cleaned, as i always do,then we sat and watched the game. I love my pack . We will see you vike fans next year as always. Good luck next week end. I hope for your sake you can finaly have the privalage to go to the big show/and win!!!!!!!Then mabe i wont be able to say ,we have , won a few times It feels realy great going to a super bowl game .The pre game is so exciting.Then of course the big celabration after WINNING A SUPER BOWL. i WILL ALWAYS ADMIRE A FAN THAT STICKS WITH ATEAM THAT HAS N E V E R WON A SUPPER BOWL. rANDY mOSS IS A PUNK/A OVER PAID BABY HOW MUCH WILL YOU THINK OF HIM NEXT WEEK. WHEN HE REALY SHOWS UP FOR THE BIG GAME I WONT MISS THAT GAME . :w oot:

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

I am actually a Vikings fan living in enemy territory. I migrated across the St.Croix River in ’84 to Wisconsin, being careful to keep a low profile on game day! 84,84 …..somehow the number has a haunting familiarity that I can’t seem to place at the moment.

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Face it, somedays Moss’s jersey number is higher than his I.Q.
    He’s in his mid twenties, did you ever do or say anything stupid during those years?

It amazes me how their grinding this story into the ground!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

And it really all lies in how you look at it……….

I don’t think he really mooned anyone……….I think he pretened to pull down his pants and rub his arse on the goal post…………..That was what he actually did……..

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

I say we should end this lilttle dispute. As a packer fan I admit, the packers sucked on sunday. THey played like crap. But you have to agree Brett Favre is one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, whether or not he doesnt show it in a few games. I mean, since he came in ’93 or whenever, the packers have won more games thatn any team, hands down. The vikes are a good team as well, it will be interesting to watch the game this weekend.

rmartin
    United States

Quote:

Why is Joe Buck a complete idiot, along with the FOX crew? More on that buffoon in a minute. Everyone at Fox picked the Vikings to get trounced, and there they sat. Much egg on their faces. Thank God Randy Moss could save the day and let them focus on something other than their own vitriol hatred of the Vikings and their transparent worship of Favre and the terminally untalented Packers.

To whomever wrote this:
    Do you really honestly beleive that the announcers hate the Vikings and feel so miserable about blowing their game pick that they need to find a scapegoat so that they can focus the attention away from not getting their forecast right????

Quote:

Shine on, Moss, and the Vikings. It’s beautiful to know the truth and see that the reflection each of those Packer fans saw on Randy’s uniformed butt was their own reflection.”

I can sure see the intelligence here.

Maybe if Moss did not have a reputation for doing stupid things, so much would not have been made about it.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Quote:

Maybe if Moss did not have a reputation for doing stupid things, so much would not have been made about it.

Maybe if Moss were a no-name two-bit second-rate loser, so much would not have been made about it.

Repeat after me now: “Best wide-out in the NFL, Randy Moss.”

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Could someone point me to the golf forum?

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.