Viking-Packer Tilt

• kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

Good Sportsmanship, today? Oh there’s plenty of great role models out there. Being an upstanding, responsible athlete (US citizen) is not what sells. Blood, guts, gore, massacre, murder, booze, drugs, sex, that’s what sells and that’s why it SEEMS like there are no great role models left. Selling is what it’s all about, right? Selling is all about the money and it’s ALL about the money. Look at the NHL lockout. It’s ALL about the money! Sad but certainly the slippery slope that the US media seems to like to perpetuate…….. Go fishing and forget about supporting the big 4 (NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL. Every day carry yourself in a manner that makes the next generation comfortable and secure. Like that great bumper sticker says “Try to be half the person your dog thinks you are.”
    Let’s go fishing………

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Hey Slob

Well it looks like the class of Moss runs right down with their fans…

Quote:

that this is the only game that means anything.

What was meant by this was that the first 2 meetings really meant nothing, because this PLAYOFF meeting is the only game that counts, b/c one team moves on, the other doesn’t….The first 2 packer victories don’t mean squat…

Don’t take things out of context…and the fact that you MN fans think nothing is wrong w/moss did makes me sick to my stomach…..YOU MN FANS should be the ones most upset….but like i said in my first sentence.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Can anyone describe for me the distinction between Randy’s antics on Sunday and this ? One might be color butt fortunately he left that to the imagination!
    Geronimo

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Hey Slob

Well it looks like the class of Moss runs right down with their fans…

Quote:

that this is the only game that means anything.

What was meant by this was that the first 2 meetings really meant nothing, because this PLAYOFF meeting is the only game that counts, b/c one team moves on, the other doesn’t….The first 2 packer victories don’t mean squat…

Don’t take things out of context…and the fact that you MN fans think nothing is wrong w/moss did makes me sick to my stomach…..YOU MN FANS should be the ones most upset….but like i said in my first sentence.

A little crabby today? Not me. It’s not even worth continuing to respond to this post. Good job yesterday Vikings. Bring on Philly!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I’m not crabby, but don’t appreciate the personal “slob” remark….

We can sit and argue all we want, but at the end of the day, i’m not going to have any ill feelings towars anyone..let alone start calling you names…

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Well Moss only simulated pooping at lambowl, Davenport actually pooped in a chicks closet….yeah….packers are all class.

Speaking of which, on a more serious note, I thought that it was HORRIBLE for Fox to cut away from a commercial during the moment of silence for Reggie White. You either dont show any of it or you show ALL of it. THAT was the most controversial part of the broadcast IMO.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Hey slop, that was an honest mistake. I just mistyped, I agree, no need for name calling. I am sorry about that. I think that in my history here I have never called anyone names and I did not mean to today. Again, sorry about that.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

HONEST MISTAKE….no biggy…

let’s go fishing!!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Hey Slop not all of us MN fans think what Moss did was ok, I thought it was very tacky and I hope the NFL slaps him with a big fine.

Quote:

…and the fact that you MN fans think nothing is wrong w/moss did makes me sick to my stomach…..YOU MN FANS should be the ones most upset….

gary_wellman
    South Metro

NOT ME!!!!!

I think that moon was the best “dance” I’ve seen in years!!!!!!

Isn’t that what rivalry is all about????

I don’t care who would have done that………With all the smack talk going back and forth from MN to WI all year……..it was deserved!!!!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

NOT ME!!!!!

I think that moon was the best “dance” I’ve seen in years!!!!!!

Isn’t that what rivalry is all about????

I don’t care who would have done that………With all the smack talk going back and forth from MN to WI all year……..it was deserved!!!!

You damned skippy!!!!

Lenny Jamison

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Yes I would have! Even if Favre did it. I use the NFL for entertainment only. I don’t respect these guys or expect my children to either. The NFL and most other pro sports are not sports anymore, they are simply entertainment. No different than going to a movie in my eyes. Sportmanship is not part of pro sports and that’s fine. I’ll teach my kids to shake the winners hand and look them in the eye and say “good game”. Walk away disappointed, sure, but learn to enjoy the game for what it is. I didn’t when I was growing up, now I regret it.

Isn’t everyone blowing this out of proportion?? I mean how many of you haven’t mooned someone in your life? He didn’t even actually moon anyone!!! What do you think of what the fans were yelling at him on the sideline? Is that OK? I guess so because it was in Lambeau field with all the great history.

chappy
    Hastings, MN

All I know is the Vikes have beat the pack in every playoff game they’ve ever played against eachother!!!!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

All I know is the Vikes have beat the pack in every playoff game they’ve ever played against eachother!!!!

Lenny Jamison

jldii

Seems to me its a good thing that Moss did do that!!

If he hadn’t, what would the Packer fans have to complain about besides the lousy game there team played yesterday? Heaven forbid they not find something to try to take away from our success. Not exactly classy on their part either, eh?

As for some people thinking he should be fined, WHY? What rule did he break? What penalty was called? If you are going to restrict that behavior, you better be willing to restrict anything a player does besides handing the ball to the ref when you score like they are required to do in highschool. It all boils down to how you want to interpet the action of the player. Some people find the Lambeau leap offensive, some people don’t like the dancing in the endzone, some don’t like the Culpepper “Roll”, etc., etc., etc.. How far will the restrictions go?

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

If he hadn’t, what would the Packer fans have to complain about besides the lousy game there team played yesterday? Heaven forbid they not find something to try to take away from our success. Not exactly classy on their part either, eh

Nobody is denying the fact GB got straight whooped , and nobody is trying to take away from their success….His was Derogatory in nature..that’s why people are upset….

That’d be like Jay Yelas Mooning Ike at the classic (or whoever) after a Victory…

gary_wellman
    South Metro

It is still funny!

And what is even funnier is GB loosing!!!

jldii

Quote:

Quote:

If he hadn’t, what would the Packer fans have to complain about besides the lousy game there team played yesterday? Heaven forbid they not find something to try to take away from our success. Not exactly classy on their part either, eh

Nobody is denying the fact GB got straight whooped , and nobody is trying to take away from their success….His was Derogatory in nature..that’s why people are upset….

That’d be like Jay Yelas Mooning Ike at the classic (or whoever) after a Victory…

Slop, what are the chances that the fans at the game said derogitory things to him? Pretty good wouldn’t you say? And you and I both know those things were probably alot worse than his little prank. Now, if he HAD pulled his pants down and actually mooned someone, then there would be no arguement from anyone here about it being wrong.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

JLD;

That is a tough argument to make. It doesn’t matter what fans say, you can’t make that an excuse for actions. Look at baseball……..There is a ton of derogotory comments made to players that would at times, make a sailor blush……..But the player can’t use that as an excuse for making derogotory comments or actions back to the crowd.

Personnaly, if Farve would have done this to the Viks, I would have laughed……

This is all about GB and the Viks…………It is all about rivalry……….I’m not stating that he didn’t push the limits, but that is what Moss does. Sometimes it is funny, sometimes it isn’t……….

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

How many celebrations would happen if the cameras just wouldn’t aim their cameras at them…

in a couple of years there wouldn’t be any…or near as many celebrations…

I miss Barry and Walter

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

I still fail to understand why his actions were any more derogatory than embellishing a posting with this icon . These are classic “one man’s food is another man’s poison” reactions! Personally, I feel both are somewhat lacking in class, however falling far short of being shockingly offensive! Relax boys, This was just a game and Randy is just a kid and probably always will be.
    Geronimo

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Still tearing into Moss? Man oh man…

Those offended by a little mooning… well… might consider skipping the ice fishing get together. For those who can take a joke, me and my butt-cheeks will see you there. (I’ll be sure to bring an extra propane tank. It’s s’pose to get cold.)

———————
    The most anti-Randy Moss Lutefisk discussion board on the ‘net!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Because we’re all “friends” here…and should know that is meant as a joke…..

if i say something and use you might think i was upset….

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

~

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

I think I’d chuckle if it was a simple moon, but wasn’t it more like he dropped his drawers and used the goal post as toilet paper??? That’s what I thought at the time and I haven’t seen a replay. Pretty sick in my opinion, I’m glad my kids were not watching.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

There is a poll on ESPN’s website about Moss’ antics. Here are the current results:

Which word best describes Moss’ “moon dance”?

42.8% funny
    31.4% dumb
    23.2% disgraceful
    2.6% insensitive

What are you more interested in talking about today?

84.9% vikings upset packers in Lambeau
    14.7% moon dance

How much should the NFL fine Moss?

39.2% Nothing
    29.8% more than $25000
    17.2% under $10000
    13.8% $10001-$25000

Should the Vikings trade Moss?

76.8% no
    23.2% yes

Would you want Moss on your team?

56.5% yes
    43.2% no

Which bothered you more?

26.5% Moss’ moon dance
    9.1% Owen’s MNF skit
    64.4% Neither, so stop talking about them

Is Moss good for football

55.8% yes
    44.2% no

It appears to me that most of the people complaining about this are the same Packer fans that were elated to see that Moss was injured in the game and then were shocked to see that he could still burn the defense for a TD. I think the TD is what really upset these people not the celebration.

This is just my take on it from watching the game in a bar full of Packer fans.

Lenny jamison

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

This thread is the best!
    I have been laughing my (sorry to steal your thunder Randy) off through out all of it.
    I was glad to see the Queens beat the Fudge Packers for one reason. The Out-laws live deep in sconny and can talk only about the pack. They don’t know the difference between a center and D-lineman.
    With that being said I think the queens will get killed by the Eagles. To much offense vs. too little defense.
    I will enjoy the win this week though. I also have the entire off season to rub it into the out-laws and that is the best part of all!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Hey, did you hear…………..the packers lost!!!!!!!!!

brew-
    brew-ha
    brew-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

L.A. Times sez:

Quote:

This is the state of the NFL in January 2005: After Janet Jackson and Nicollette Sheridan in 2004, the league and the TV networks that cover it are so uptight about exposed body parts on television that they are now freaking out about imaginary exposed body parts.

[snip]

Around the country this morning, I’d suspect fans in Green Bay are more offended by the Packers’ pretend pass defense … and fans in Denver are more offended by Bronco players calling Indianapolis wide receivers soft … and fans in Seattle are more offended by the Seahawks’ lack of capable wide receivers, soft or otherwise.

(both emphases Gianni’s)

L.A. Times has it wrong… it’s not the Packer’s fault, Moss’ butt cost them the game.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.