Viking-Packer Tilt

• derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Great game so far. I have been dubing this game the Sunday Spoiler.

jeff-patrick
    Fort Atkinson, WI

What do you mean great game so far, I think it sucks, packers are giving the game away, oh let me correct myself Bert F. is giving the game away. I said there was know way the packers could beat the viking 3 times in one year. I’m done being a packer fan.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Vikes 24-10 at half, and now 3 Brett pics, not all are his fault, but as they used to say, a pic is still a pic. When they need it the most, the Vikes did put together a Very Good first half. Now they just need to play a very good second half. Is it too much to ask for after the last 6 games????? We”ll SEE. Jack..

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

A SCORELESS 3rd Q. and NO.4 for NO.4. Pack is driving, and their defense if holding the Vikes the last couple of poss. Jack..

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Revenge is a dish best served cold! And cold it is!

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

Go Vikes! Elite 8

wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

VIKES WIN!Great game but brett needs to get the nachos warmed up.

gonefishing
    Lacrosse Wi

Vikes played a great game and Bret played one of his worst. Dandy Moss ruined it all for the Vikes with his mooning job in the endzone. No class!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

He also ruined it for the Pack with his performance in the endzone!

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

Did you see Moss’s last touchdown. He was literally humping the endzone pole. That was uncalled for.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I personally thought what he did was funnier than heck. When I look around the league and see drug dealers and murders playing, I think Moss is pretty mild and easy to accept. Sorry, but here are a couple name the media should be bashing instead of some guy who acts like a kid:

Little – St. Louis
    Lewis, Jamal – Baltimore
    Lewis, Ray – Baltimore

These are 3 I can name off the top of my head.

WeFish
    Fort Atkinson, WI USA

I Think Its All Fixed

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I agree with Kooty and with the others on Moss, he is an idjit. Also, what is up with the fro? That is pitiful, it really makes him standout, but I guess that is what he is after

gonefishing
    Lacrosse Wi

That’s what’s wrong with this world athletes are like Gods they can do drugs, kill people, run over traffic cops, use steroids and ruin baseball, and some people think it’s funny. WOW Major League Baseball Players gave 1 Million Dollars to the Tsunami victims how generous. What’s that amount to about 10 bucks apiece?

herb
    6ft under

Moss wasn’t the only one with the fro. I think they did it to honor a hurt friend on the sidelines from what one of the announcers was saying.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I didn’t catch that part. It doesn’t help when your deaf in one ear and can’t hear out of the other,literally

herb
    6ft under

This might be a bit off the subject but even before tonight’s game I didn’t think the Vikes deserved to be playing this one.
    Other than the Vikes winning, what I really liked about this game was the fact that is was played in weather that all these late season games USED to be played.
    Maybe I’m just a little nostalgic and would like to go back to those days of the original Purple People Eaters and an outdoor stadium.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Didnt the pack fans invent the lambowl leap? Now the are complaining about a TD celebration? I guess it is only OK if the green does it in toilet town.

It was nice to see the refs not personally deliver the win to the pack like they did in the 1st 2 games. Finally the better team got the W. Oh, you can add NFC North Champ to your toilet town hall of fame. You didnt beat a team with a winning record all year, and now you can watch the Purple next week.

Moss for Prez in 2008!

BTW-the afros started last year. AFROS: Americas Finest Receivers on Sunday

jldii

Quote:

I personally thought what he did was funnier than heck. When I look around the league and see drug dealers and murders playing, I think Moss is pretty mild and easy to accept. Sorry, but here are a couple name the media should be bashing instead of some guy who acts like a kid:

Little – St. Louis
    Lewis, Jamal – Baltimore
    Lewis, Ray – Baltimore

These are 3 I can name off the top of my head.

You forgot the deadbeat dads and women abusers too!!(AKA Ahman Green)

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

What has happened to sportsmanship?

fishingdaskoal
    EauClaire WI

What happened to good old fashoned football where people didnt walk off the field early (AKA moss), unless they had a broken nose from wearing nothin but a deflated football on their head as a helmet?

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Quote:

What happened to good old fashoned football where people didnt walk off the field early (AKA moss), unless they had a broken nose from wearing nothin but a deflated football on their head as a helmet?

I guess the Vikes will be the only ones that have to worry about playing football next week. I didn’t agree with Moss walking off the field early last week. But, let’s put this to bed, it’s over. There are not many great role model/athletes in the NFL today (AKA Davenport and Chamura)

John Luebker

Quote:

I personally thought what he did was funnier than heck.

Kooty

would you think it was funny if say someone came into the dome and did it? or is it funny becuase it was the viks?

Just curious.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

There have been several people/playerrs and coaches that have walked off the field early before…They just don’t have all the camera’s on them like the high profile players do… Not that i think it’s still ok…because i don’t…

but the Moss Moon Jig was funny !! I think there could be a bass lure called the Moss Moon Jig !!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

What has happened to sportsmanship?

Sportsmanship and the honor/priledge of being a player on a professional team went out the window and has been replaced by ”how many million will you give me or I’m not playing.” All its become is watching a bunch of millionares play a game in reality. Thats why I don’t watch many games anymore. But I did watch the game yesterday and my comments are-”how about them Vikes!!!
    Thanks, Bill

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Well, the Viks did it…..they beat GreenBay and it made their season…but nothing matters at this point other than making it to the Superbowl….

NFC title means nothing, regular season record means nothing….If MN loses next week, their win this week will mean nothing…..

So enjoy your Win….cause it won’t mean anything after next week

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Quote:

Well, the Viks did it…..they beat GreenBay and it made their season…but nothing matters at this point other than making it to the Superbowl….

NFC title means nothing, regular season record means nothing….If MN loses next week, their win this week will mean nothing…..

So enjoy your Win….cause it won’t mean anything after next week

Slop, to me, this win makes up for the entire Viking season. If we loose next week, I will be disapointed. But, I will be very satisfied until next year knowing the Vikings ENDED the Packers season.

Sandbar

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

That’s funny….it just goes to show where the organizations are at…

GB judges their season on making a superbowl run (more of a limp )…MN judges their season on beating the packers…

One more thing:

Quote:

Didnt the pack fans invent the lambowl leap? Now the are complaining about a TD celebration? I guess it is only OK if the green does it in toilet town

–>Are you even serious…What’s wrong w/the leap? is it offensive in any way? That’s what I thought.

sandbar
    Woodbury, MN

Quote:

That’s funny….it just goes to show where the organizations are at…

GB judges their season on making a superbowl run (more of a limp )…MN judges their season on beating the packers…

One more thing:

Quote:

Didnt the pack fans invent the lambowl leap? Now the are complaining about a TD celebration? I guess it is only OK if the green does it in toilet town

–>Are you even serious…What’s wrong w/the leap? is it offensive in any way? That’s what I thought.

Can’t and won’t speak for all Vikings fans, that’s just my opinion. The Vikings have fallen apart the last two seasons. It was AWESOME to go into Lambowl a 6 point underdog and KICK St. Brett and the Packers. Is the season a success for ME? You bet!! We are still in the playoffs and the Packers aren’t, period. Yah, I know. You Packers have all the history and mytique, blah, blah, blah. Maybe next year.

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Hey Slob….what a hypocrite (in typical packer fashion):

I dont know how to do that quote thingy, but on 1/2 under the Vikings/Packers thread you said that this is the only game that means anything.

Now all of a sudden it is meaningless?

Regarding the lambowl leap-Favre runs all over the field like he cured cancer every TD, GB would jump in the fans for each TD, now you are complaining about a TD celebration by Moss….you cant be serious? Unless you are like Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith or W Payton and act like you have been there after TDs you are just sitting in a glass hour throwing stones.

I love the people of WI, I love fisherman, I can have a great time w/ all of ya in a boat, but start that irrational Packers can do no wrong stuff and I get sick to my stomach.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.