Say a prayer

• DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

For all of the lives lost and those who’s lives were ripped apart by the tidal waves in Asia. As a husband and father, it just rips my heart out seeing the pictures of parents morning the losses of their young children. Who could possibly imagine that a quiet walk on the beach could to such a tragedy?

We know how many lives changed by 3,000 dying on Sept 11, now imagine over 20,000 being lost. Although one was a large scale cowardly act of murder while the other was an act of nature, I dont think it makes those families loss any easier.

herb
    6ft under

Way ahead of you Dave. But consider it done again.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Consider me on the chain.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Consider it done. Thanks, Bill

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

The entire Indian Ocean area needs prayers and so much more. say your’s today. Jack..

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

From CNN.com – Death Toll from Tsunami Reaches 116,000

Officials fear that loss of life from disease and starvation following this disaster is going to make the losses from the waves themself look miniscule. I’m only 32 but I can’t recall anything of this magnitude in my lifetime.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Heard this on the radio yesterday and it just about made me sick. We’ve all heard about complete families being lost. But they were talking about it being a huge vacation destination for Europeans. They said there are MANY kids from Europe who have lost their parents and are wandering the streets with no ID friends , relatives ect.
    Imagine your 6 year old in Florida on vacation and BANG no family , ID or anything. What do you do? Who even knows the kids are there? Geez, I can hardly even type this.

Say a special prayer for these kids.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I was reading in Luke, Chapter 21, just the other day and read something rather……….unsettling, yet eye opening.

Verse 9 begins with, “But when you hear of wars and commotions, do not be terrified; for these things must come to pass first, but the end will not come immediately.” (10)- Then He (Christ) said to them (the disciples), “Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. (11)- And there will be great earthquakes in various places, and famines, and pestilences; and there will be fearful sights and great signs from heaven.” Then in verse 25, He states, “And there will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars; and on the earth distress of nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring;”

I see today the number is up another 1,000……. to 117,000 estimated to have perished. My mind has a hard time comprehending that. How many people live in St. Paul? It seems to me that it’s nearing in comparison to having a major city completely wiped out! And the toll is far from finished……..

This will be another event not soon forgotten.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

…….and then this morning they are showing the rare West Coast flooding and high winds!

Food for thought isn’t it?

Happy New Year everybody!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.