Line Counter Reel

• eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Need a little advice on selecting the best line counter reels on the market. I have 4 of the Cabela’s variety and have been highly dissatisfied with them and need to replace them! I appreciate any/all suggestions and comments offered.
    Thanks,
    Jack

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Diawa Sealines.

Get the 27’s for long lining and board pulling and the 47’s for leadcore.

These reels have been the most reliable reels in my boat and I’ve had the same original 8 I bought back 6 or 7 years ago.

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Diawa sealine’s have been great for me. I own 8 of them and have only had to get one fixed in the last 5 years. You will get several recomendations from other anglers as well but it is going to be hard to beat the Diawa sealine models .

Brian Lyons

Sealines for me also!!!
    I use the 27s and have had no problems at all

Sauger4
    CARY,IL

DAIWA SEALINE 47S. THE 27S MAYBE ALRIGHT FOR THE RIVER BUT 47S ARE THE BEST FOR PULLING BOARDS.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Diawa Sealines 27’s get a thumbs up from me also.

Welcome to IDA Sauger4!!!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Sealines here also. I like my 17’s but am not sure about the durabilty of them. Had to get both replaced with in the first couple of months of use. Now 6 months later one is acting up on me again.

It sounds like the 27 or 47 might be the way to go. The 17 will be nice also when they get the kinks worked out of them. Its size seems to make it work well for long lineing where you want to be holding onto the rod for long periods of time.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I also use the 47’s for lead line

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

I agree with the Diawa’s, 27 and 47, the 47 has the line capacity for your leadcore use. Jack..

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Thanks mates, Diawa Sealines it is! I do run lead to plumb the depths, amazing the leviatans that reside there!!!
    Jack

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Ok, so I’m the odd ball here but I like the Okumas. Thanks, Bill

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

Sealine 27’s for me! Love them!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Ok, so I’m the odd ball here but I like the Okumas. Thanks, Bill

The Cabelas linecounter reels are made by Okuma. I had a lot of trouble with the Cabelas reels and that scared me away from Okuma.
    I also use the Diawas.

Lenny Jamison

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I’ve been having decent luck with my Okumas but my Accudepths have been better. Because the Accu. is also made by Daiwa, I know the Sealine is going to be a better reel for any consistant, hard use. Mine don’t see an overbearing amount of use and I could get 2 Okumas or 2 AccuDepths for the price of one SeaLine….. thus the reason I went with cheaper models. In spite of my choice, what I DO know of the SeaLine’s…… you should be very satisfied with them!

spkwms
    N.E. Iowa

Let’s take this post one step further. Daiwa has replaced their 27LC and 47LC reels with new models labled SG27LC and SG47LC. What are the new features of these new reels. Is this just cosmetic changes or have they done an upgrade in performance and reliability.

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

I just ordered 2 of the SG27-LCA-W reels @ $89.95 each. In that I have never owned the LC27 I have no idea the nature of the changes. I would be interested in knowing though!
    Geronimo

sunnyd
    Central Minnesota

Shimano Tekota 500LC’s are the best that I have found, I have two of them paired with St. Croix Glass Rods and have found them to be terrific long-lining rods. You can find some good deals on ebay from time to time on these, but they will run you a bit more than the SeaLine’s, Accudepth’s or Cabela’s brands previously mentioned.

Good luck in your search!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.