Help with a school project

• Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Tournament anglers, guides, weekend warriors, snowmobilers, and ATVers I need your help on this one. I am creating a hotel for my entrepreneurship class. Here are some questions I have:
    Do you normally stay in a hotel when you are fishing away from home?

Rank these things in order of importance when choosing a hotel:
    Security of your boat/equipment
    Comfort
    Price
    Amenities-Bar/Restaurant, Pool
    Does the whole family come with you to tournaments?

Would you pay more for a hotel that offered garages for you to store your boat in?

I could ask a million more, but I will stop with these. Your input is much appreciated.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

weekend warriors

Do you normally stay in a hotel when you are fishing away from home? YES – AT LEAST 85% OF THE TIME

5. NEVER TAKE MY BOAT, I USE GUIDES EQUIPMENT Security of your boat/equipment

4. I CAN SLEEP ANYWERE – WITH FAMILY THIS MOVES TO #2 SPOT Comfort

2. BUT WILL PAY MORE IF THEY HAVE #3 Price

3. Amenities-Bar/Restaurant, Pool

1. Location

What’s a tournament? 85% of the time I’m alone. Does the whole family come with you to tournaments?

NO Would you pay more for a hotel that offered garages for you to store your boat in?

wgeister
    Dundee, IL

Security for the boat
    comfort
    amenities

I bring the family about 75% of the time, and your thoughts about housing for the boat is a good one. Yes, I would pay a reasonable amount to house the boat. Especially if it had electrical outlets, etc.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Thanks for the input, keep it coming. The idea for electrical outlets is great. How about heat?

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

When I book a room for tourneys, I’m looking for a place that’s cheap and clean. The room must be ground level. I must be able to back the boat right up to door. It’s a plus to have a plug-in outside of the room so I don’t need to run an extension cord through the door or an open window. The area outside the room should be well lit.

Security. That’s a plus. But usually I will try to lock everything down or bring it inside the room.

A garage would be pretty cool. I have never seen this offered anywhere! Would definitely pay extra for a garage!

Another plus to the parking described above is enough of a parking lot available that I don’t need to unhitch the boat when parked in front of room.

Lots and Lots of free Ice available 24/7

A vacuum or shop vac available for use 24/7

Free coffee available 24/7

-J.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

A full sized fridge and freezer!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Beer store next door! (24/7)

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

Beer store next door! (24/7)

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m with the two drunks above me.

I also think the security of my equipment is the most important when traveling. I’ll even sacrifice quality of the room for this. I like a hot shower early in the morning and power to charge the boat overnight. I would say cost is the 2nd most important thing for me.

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Quote:

Tournament anglers, guides, weekend warriors, snowmobilers, and ATVers I need your help on this one. I am creating a hotel for my entrepreneurship class. Here are some questions I have:
    Do you normally stay in a hotel when you are fishing away from home?
    Yes
    Security of your boat/equipment 2
    Comfort 4
    Price 5 if I have the kids 3 otherwise
    Amenities-Bar/Restaurant, Pool 3 If I have the kids 5 otherwise
    Location 1

Does the whole family come with you to tournaments?
    about 1/2 the time
    Would you pay more for a hotel that offered garages for you to store your boat in?

depends on price but probably I could ask a million more, but I will stop with these. Your input is much appreciated.

shew
    East Bethel, Minnesota

25%of the time stay in a hotel. Price comfort location other rest/bar/pool. There to fish not sit in the bar or the pool mostly just sleep in the room.

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

I look for ground level so boat can be right next to door. Has to have outside electrical plug for boat batteries. Kitchenettes are great, I dont like to eat out! Good outdoor lights help for late repairs and boat readiness. Must have good air con, no smoking, hard bed and a super sized mega bathroom fan!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

1st, location next to where the fish are biting or close to it, parkings nice to have. 2nd, must have fish cleaning station with freezer space if im staying awhile. 3rd, Tackle and live bait shop with a guy who knows how to fish that sells the stuff and bar with other fisherman in it so i can beef up stories and still fit in. 4th, Motel price as long as its not from jupiter and electrical plugins too keep a full charge in the batteries if im staying long. 5th, convience store within 20 miles but not important. Jeesh kinda sounds like Everts and i haven’t been there yet.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Ground level parking in front of my room. Outlet so I can plug in the boat. Well lit parking lot is a must. Cost is a factor but as long as it is reasonable I am ok with it. Throw in cable tv and a fridge and I am good. As for location get me in the general area and that good.
    I like to eat at ma and pa restaurants. No pool or bar. Thats why I need a fridge!
    If you have a garage with the motel then I might need a bar in case of that rainy day.
    I don’t bring the family as I am trying get away from them for the long weekend. I go to FISH and that is about it.
    PM me and we can talk as I travel quite a bit to fish all over the country.

iceman
    Staples/Brainerd,Mn

Quote:

Do you normally stay in a hotel when you are fishing away from home? yes

Security of your boat/equipment 1
    Comfort 2
    Price 4
    Amenities-Bar/Restaurant, Pool 6
    Location `1

Does the whole family come with you to tournaments? no

Would you pay more for a hotel that offered garages for you to store your boat in? no

I could ask a million more, but I will stop with these. Your input is much appreciated.

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

He it is from a retired Tourney guy..
    #1 Security of boat and equipment.
    Must be able to see and hear from room..and be able to
    plug in charger..lights are a big plus.
    #2 Location
    Hopefully very near fishing launch..
    #3 Price
    Cable, fridge,lots of hot water for long showers..
    All the other things I really don’t care about..You fish from sun-up to sun down then shower and sleep and do it all over again..

I remember a guy once gave me a nick name..he called me sundown….cause once it was down I wasn’t far from my pajamas……..

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Kooty, sweet avatar

Fife, Cant help you here. Never stayed in a hotel but have stayed in a few motels/resorts. If you consider that the same I look for :
    1. Location
    2. Electric hookups for boat with good security.
    3. A room that has a kitchenette with fridge/freezer
    4. Price
    5. Bar
    6. Comfort

Can you build a resort for your project?

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Price
    Safety for boat [always lock everything up and or bring it inside]
    Fife
    Ramsey, MN

The project involves setting up a business and trying to attract investors. This class is one of my senior classes for my marketing degree. I am calling this discussion a focus group for the marketing segment of our business plan. I needed to know that there was a demand for our type of business, and I think that everyone has helped prove that. Thanks for the idea on the fridge, kitchenette, and the fish cleaning area. Thanks for all the input and ideas and keep them coming.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.