screen names

• kizew
    Dallas, WI

Yes we are Zimmy! My last name is Kizewski and everyone has always called me Kizew for a nick.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

hmmmmmm let me think… just what did that stand for…. ummmmmm… Eye dunno….

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Mine is in respect for the most influential person I have met in my life.

iceman
    Staples/Brainerd,Mn

aka ice,iceman,hard water… just love to ice fish..

Brian Lyons

I’ve always been called Big B. I don’t know why, those of you know me know it doesn’t have anything to do with height
    It started in high school, now I’ve been out a couple years and it still hangs on. So I used it as my handle here.

Happy Thanksgiving All……B

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I can’t tell you how many times I have been asked

” What the hell’s an ecnook ?”

WeFish
    Fort Atkinson, WI USA

( WeFish )The wife and I like to fish

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

Hey Ken…Nice EYE…Who Caught it for ya

Mine came from a favorite big fish bait…….But I’m still waitiing to catch a big fish on it….

P.S. What the heck is an ecnook?????

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

I pick mine because out of ALL the fish I like to fish for (which is all of them – yes Briank – lets keep it rolling with the dogfish jokes), the carp gives me the best time, they fight like mad and don’t give up until they break the line or you have horsed them in.

redneck
    Rosemount

I grew up in the coal mining area of Southern Ill. When I went into the Air Force and got out into the real world I had my first encounters with people who didn’t remove their caps during the National Anthem and general disrespect of other people. Being young and dumb I had a habit of pointing out bad behavior and on more than one occasion I had people ask “What are you, a Redneck?”. From that point on I have worn the label proudly even though my meaning may differ from some peoples. Ya might be a REDNECK if ya get a tear in your eye when you hear the National Anthem.

nirrad
    Des Moines, Iowa

from my college days, but it’s my first name backwards

Darrin

Nirrad

ah the memories(or lack thereof) of beer induced evenings

HooksWife
    Crystal, MN

hmmmm, married to “hooks” so just added wife to mine.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

This is a really interesting thread…Thanks for starting it Mossydan

All of the posts are very interesting…Carpgirl’s handle will be gone next summer…when she becomes CATWOMAN!

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

My original “handle”, Rooster, was given to me long ago by some co-workers. I don’t even recall how it came about! Just recently decided it was time to use my real name.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

well i wanted to use the name Suicideride but I figured that it wouldn’t be a cool one to use on this site. that was my nick name that i had when i used to ride bulls. (back when i was stupid) so seeing how I love to fish for Bass, I figured that i was thebassman85. the 85 is for my highest ride that i scored riding a bull.

shane

puddlepounder
    Cove Bay Mille Lacs lake MN

way back in high school we started calling mille lacs “the puddle” now that i live on mille lacs i fish it alot, hence, “puddlepounder”

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

My dad started calling me the gator hunter when I was a kid and it kinda stuck. The beer professor part was Holst’s creation. It may be appropriate. .

Lenny Jamison

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

They call me Gianni…. Gianni Versace.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

John…everyone wants to know…how do you pronounce “Gianni”?

To me…it looks like Johny…or yannie?

diesel
    Menomonee Falls, WI

From my Collge football days. I was a fullback, and one of the offensive lineman was laughing at me because I was carrying two or three guys on short yardage plays to get the first. Said I was “like a diesel that wouldn’t stop.”

The name kinda stuck.

Ahh the glory years

D

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

Quote:

This is a really interesting thread…Thanks for starting it Mossydan

All of the posts are very interesting…Carpgirl’s handle will be gone next summer…when she becomes CATWOMAN!

Ya, we’ll see about that – you know the rules my friend.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Gianni = “Johnny”

Sending my auger blades in to be sharpened… Gonna be in Austin for a few days after Christmas you know. We should probably find a place where we can catch bait through a hole in the ice and talk about catfishing. I’ll PM you when the boss gives me more detail on our plans.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Hey Brian, giannis name got to be Polish or ukranian don’t you think! I’ll maybe go as far as czech or slovack. Just having fun gianni…

thompkevin
    Austin Mn

was fishing on cannon lake and got into a school of crappies whose average length was around fourteen inches. I got spoiled on the cannon crappies and so it just fit for a screen name.

TBOMN11
    Circle Pines, MN

TBO/MN…………I am from Minnesota, hence the “MN”…The “TBO” comes a little more interestingly. I have a younger brother, 16 years younger, and when he was young, I was old…at least to him. I also was, and am, rather large….I am just short for my weight..Well anyway, to him I was the big one in the family. Thus the TBO..”The Big One”…He still calls me that at age 42 (his age, not mine), Some of my friends and family have shortened it up to just “TheBiggun'” When you see me on the water, just give me a.. Hey Biggun’ I don’t mind.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

In 1981 I started collecting Hot Wheels……. for the purpose of showing my grandkids what I used to play with when I was a child. Well……. we all know what the 90’s did to Hot Wheels collecting and because I was one of a very few that started a decade before the boom, I had no choice but to jump in and play it up for awhile. I found myself cruising toy isles…… just like a kid…… and one day, I got told that I was exactly that…. just a “big kid.” Well, because of all the wheelin’ and dealin’ I was doing, I had to come up with a handle that would “stick”…… and I thought “Still A Kid Too” would fit a 30 something year old sharing the toy isles with younger children.

When I got involved with this site, I didn’t feel like creating a new name for a new hobby and signed up as “Stillakid2”. It still fits……. just put a good tugger on the end of the line and child like grins easily set in.

Anyone who’s been around the discussions much or to the Get Togethers…. I’m referred to as “Kid” more than anything but on the shy side of 40, I don’t mind!!! I like to get out and play as much as the next “kid”!

Briank……… is going to get a good dose of this on Saturday! Get that ATV warmed up bud! Objective: To see Briank’s handle changed to “Big Air”!

krisko
    Durand, WI

Krisko….well it isn’t because I like grease or anything. It started several years back with my last name of Krisik….Someone drunk was putting an “O” after everyones name and it stuck of course….

emover
    Malcom, IA

emover – a shortened version of a simple program I use at work to clean out people’s email, email remover, or e-remover. I think the day I finaly decided to signup, instead of lurk, as I had for a couple of years, I had a big day of fixing people’s email problems.
    happy holidays
    dave

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

giannis name got to be Polish or ukranian don’t you think! I’ll maybe go as far as czech or slovack. Just having fun gianni…

Mossy…you’re just ripping on Gianni today! Want some help?

What kind of bait did you have in mind? Gills? Eyes?
    For those of you not quite up to speed…Our flathead catfish in the midwest are the only fish to fish for…the rest is just bait. (because that’s what they eat…everything alive)

I’m just a little unsure how this weekend with go with Stillakid2 (most people call him pup…by the way). This “Big Air” thing may put me in a body cast….but as long as I can type…and slurp lutefisk..

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I thought you ate the stuff brian. You mean you take the cap off and drink it while 4 wheeling with stillakid?

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.