screen names

• mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Im interisted in how everyone here chose thier screen names. I chose mine because of the moss on the rocks i seen in La crosse when i used to live there. It was a really good year for nice moss and the young or the spring crawfish that were in it. I still think those little crawfish are about the best bait for big bluegills you can find. I know some guys are going to laugh because its a pain in the posterior when it comes to hooks and lures but thats ok.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Favorite color for Bass fishing. Blue Fleck 10″ power worm.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

MOM!

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

I think they are my initials, but they could stand for something else in other peoples minds.

shaneedwards
    MN USA

well my first three choices were taken. And basiclly I don’t know much about fishen. Other than what I learn from you guys and girls. so I am just starten.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Mine comes from my last name, Pfeifer. I have been called Fife my whole life, but my little brother does too, so I just went with Bigfife. Look for the name Fife if my brother ever figures out how to work a computer.

g38
    South metro

Besides fishing, weekend fun is NASCAR- so, my first initial and the numbers for my 2 favorite drivers.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

When I initially registered, mine was my favorite hobbie. I’ve since evolved into more of a fisherman. Just changed my display name to what I’ve been called by my buddies for years. My last name is Kutz(kootz), so I as well as many members of my family have been known as Kooty. Time to keep the tradition going.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

I think they are my initials, but they could stand for something else in other peoples minds.

Boat Control?
    Bottom Contact?
    Backwards Current?
    Bass Catcher?

-J.

newt
    Pillager, MN

My last name is Knutson, I was going to go with Knute but Newt had more of a fish connotation to it. So there ya go.

jldii

My initials!

Jack L. Dunn II

gundez-71
    South Minnesota

I HAVE BEEN CALLED GUNDY MOST OF MY LIFE AND I DRIVE A Z-71 CHEVY PICKUP. SO IT IS THE COMBINATION OF BOTH. AT HOME I HAVE A LOT OF OTHER NAMES THAT ARE FORBIBBEN WORDS ON THIS SITE!!!!

GUNDEZ-71

eyejacker
    Hudson, Wisconsin

Did 5-10 hard time on a trumped up hijacking charge! Just kidding! As my nick name is Jack, just seemed like a natural morph.

Happy Thanksgiving to all on this superb site!

The EyeJacker

tazbbassin
    Des Moines, Iowa

Mine was easy . . . . I love to bass fish and my partner always told me that I was like “Taz” when I was working a buzzbait.

Hmmmmm . . . you think that I should have slowed down a little for him to work his jig ?????

chico-diablo
    New Richmond, WI

Comes from my biking days, Chico Diablo, I was small but a real devil to be with. Got into Bass fishing later in life and qualified for Military Bass Angliers Nationals my first year out. Check the sites everyday.

fishman1
    Dubuque, Iowa

I always have looked at walleye fishing more like hunting when it comes to locating fish. Hence the name Eyehunter.
    It works 2 ways as I am also an avid hunter.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

That is what I namned my boat. “The Lip Ripper”, so I took it from that .

Have a great and Safe Thansgiving weekend . I think this will be the 1st Thanksgiving weekend in years (7 or 8) that I will not be on the ice??????? Usually there is anywhere from 3 to 8″ of ice on the Southern part of the lake at the cabin.

Soon young Grasshoppper….. Sooon!

Good Luck in the Field!

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

Duh…hard to figure mine out! I go walleye fishing and catch carp. I go muskie fishing, yep carp….bass…same thing!

wgeister
    Dundee, IL

I drive a Ranger and arrange loans for customers. Happy Holidays to everyone!

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

I have been called Putz all my life and many times I live up to that handle.

As I said on another post, Thanksgiving is a wonderful tradition but let’s not forget those who are not as fortunate as us and those who are away from their homes defending our country, no matter what we think of it sometimes.

Another thing great about Thanksgiving is that it is the official start of lutefisk season!!!

jldii

Quote:

I go walleye fishing and catch carp. I go muskie fishing, yep carp….bass…same thing!

Bass are carp, only they have stripes on them!! LOL

gary_wellman
    South Metro

JLD;

I agree……..Bass are like carp………both suck!!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Alright! A Bass Bashing Thread! Na…It’s Thanksgiving…and I’m happy to have people out there eradicating them for me…

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

I’ve been called “Hook” ever since High School. One, From playing ball, I’m left handed, but moreso from my last name, noone could pronounce it. It’s spelled Hukriede and prononced Hookread. All of my close friends and acquaintances know me by this name.
    When Bob and I decided to start a guide service it was a no brainer.

riverfan
    MN

Self explanatory….there isn’t a fish that swims in the Mississippi (except Asian Carp)that don’t enjoy catching!

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

When I was little my mom called me buckshot. Just kinda stuck.

Hey Stickboy…how did you get your nickname????

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Quote:

When I was little my mom called me buckshot. Just kinda stuck.

Hey Stickboy…how did you get your nickname????

Fishbone4
    Norwood, Minnesota

Buckshot gave it to me….. still wondering if I should be offended….. particularly when he excludes the “Walleye” part.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

My go-to bait is a Charlie Brewer SLIDER. The 4inch ones work really well on those striped carp.

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

I’ve been called Zimmy for years by my friends ( all 1 one them!) … I’m also on a dirt track racing messageboard on Delphi Forums. Aren’t we, Kizew??? I couldn’t sign up under just Zimmy (already taken).. so one of the name they suggested was Zimmy 101. Kind has a ring to it doesn’t it???

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 71 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.