x 19 mapping

• fishnut

Hey guys, just getting ready to purchasing my X-mas gift for myself and have decided on the Lowrance x-19c. My birthday is coming up in January and was wondering about mapping and if any of you have pro’s or cons’ about the different ones out their. I have Navionics Gold for my LMS 480 and it works pretty good. Any other choices out their? Thanks for the info and happy thanksgiving. Fishnut

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Fishnut, What bodies of water will you be fishing? That’ll help answer your mapping question.

Thanks,

Wade

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

You are going to love that baby!

Hope you check with Wade before you made the buy…He likes IDA members.

fishnut

Pools 4 thru 9, Tonka, Waconia, Chisago, N/S Center, Whitefish, Alexandria, Gull, and so on. The normal bass tournament scheduled lakes with an oddball thrown in here and their. Have you ever used the map create stuff? (Pardon my lack of computer knowledge and skills) I have a chance to order this year yet for the MN. Regional team and I’m trying to get my ducks in a row to order it. Thanks for any help you can give me. Happy Thanksgiving. Brent

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’ve used Map Create. The user interface in my opinion isn’t real user friendly…but it does work great for putting names on marked waypoints and changing a group of waypoints into routes. Being I fish the river, I’ve used the routes (too) many times in the fog ect. BIG time save on the ‘sippi last year when a heavy fog rolled in and I had better than 5 miles to get home…with out a route or at least marked waypoints…I would have had to spend the night. What I mean by marked waypoints is some are fishing spots and some are navagational waypoints…when going 7 to 10 mph in a fog, you don’t want to confuse the two!

I use the map that comes with the 19. I’m sure the premium maps are better but I think I should note that in going to the ‘sippi from the croix my map says that I’m boating right down main st. in Prescott. So you can’t believe the shoreline with the built in map.

Back to Map Create, I’ve marked long irregular breaks on the water, then on my computer named them which gives me a good path to follow trolling or jigging.
    That’s really all I’ve used it for.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.