I will never spend another dollar at TARGET STORES

• Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

I have to say this in Targets defense: the chicks wandering around there are way hotter than the walmart chicks. WAY hotter.

Not all Target Chicks are hotter than Wallmart chicks, if you want proof send me your e-mail address.

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

Quote:

This year they decided to ban the Salvation Army donation kettles from all locations. Some BS reason about being politically correct.

Well, no offense to anyone who gives to the Salvation Army, but I am glad that is one less place I have to deal with them people. I was down and out about 7 years back due to a abusive relationship (he is now spending 17 years in prison for it), I needed to move, had no money, no furniture, or food. I went to the county for help. They said I would only get $10 in food stamps (due to my income at the time) and sent me to the Salvation Army for help. Their food pantry turned me down because I qualified for food stamps (even if it was only $10). I went to the trift store to look at furniture. They wanted $125.00 for a USED dresser, $400 for a USED bed, $75 for an arm chair, and $150 for a couch. I tried to explain my problem to them and they said they would give me $50 off the four pieces together. I them went to the news paper – I was very upset because these people were suppose to be there for the poor. They did a story on them, got a bunch of other people writing to complain of their same stories and then the paper did a story on two other “for the needy” type companys. I vowed ever since that I would not give another dime to them people.
    Hey, I really hope you get your money back from Target – that really bites.

herb
    6ft under

Thanks for the insight Carpgirl.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Carpgirl…… If you ever find yourself down and out again, check into a church. If the church won’t work with you, find a new church. New Testament doctrine commands the church to care for single mothers and children. Most don’t have the means to take care of your every need, but if the heart of your church is in the right place, you’ll get more help there than any other program in America.

BTW – my church just raised $36K to help a family with their relocation issues (starting a new ministry in FL). Granted…… most everyone new them…… but what a way to find out someone cares about you! The mission already has funding….. but the folks taking on the mission have challenges in accomplishing the objective. So, in a free will offering, unknown to them, we raised over $36k to help them overcome the issues that lie in front of them.

In reference to the topic of Target and such…….. how in the heck did Kmart….. a corporation in filed bankruptcy, come up with $11 billion to merge with Sears? That just sounds like a court case waiting to happen!

As for “the dance”, we want protection as a consumer and the corporations want protection as a retailer. It’s another ebb and flow of our daily living….. and some days aren’t going to go so well. I applaud your position to do something about it Mike, but after you get what you want, then what? We all make mistakes and if the mistake was mine, I’d hope I’d get forgiven someday if amends were made…… ya know?

I too tend to disfavor some businesses for one reason or another but I think we need to be careful about it. It’s the whole “goes around, comes around” thing.

Target SHOULD still be lobbied regarding their decision to end their relationship with charities. For one, the SA just didn’t plop down there one day and free load off of Target’s property to benefit their cause. This is an arranged relationship and Target is NOT obligated by ANY law to MAKE room for anyone else. If they’re not invited, it’s solicitation, which is posted and prohibited policy. Target’s just too afraid to make a stand for fear of losing any customer base, already forgetting WHAT GOT THE PRESIDENT ELECTED……. and cowering from the risk that would equally provide new customer loyalty.

The way they can choose who gets time and who doesn’t is provided in the charity clauses of the company policy. Anyone not listed can lobby for the change but in accordance to the printed policy, it also hinges on availability. All Target has to say is that their only allowing such practices on said dates and because of prior agreements, “said charities” will continue to be offered the position first.

Let the crybabies scream “unfair!”. If they’d quit looking at what someone else has and search for ways to build their own, there’s PLENTY of other places to build a charity.

Target is here…… providing jobs……. and helping out some communities in some ways…….. we need them so let’s not lynch them. But at the same time, there’s nothing wrong with making them EARN your business.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Quote:

As for the salvation army, Target is not allowing them in front of the stores due to the fact that if they allow them they must allow everyone and anyone to stand in front of their stores or they could risk a law suit for discrimination,

Is this speculation, or is there a statement from Target?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

From Indystar.com ~

The news broke last month, with a Target announcement. But the deal was really done in January, when the Minneapolis-based retailer quietly informed the charity that bell ringers would not be permitted again at its 1,272 stores in 47 states, including 33 in Indiana.
    So what was the problem — doesn’t the Salvation Army fit the Target image?
    Target — known as a generous contributor to its communities — is not commenting. Instead, the company issued a statement, saying it was receiving an increasing number of solicitation requests and had to draw the line.
    As for the Salvation Army, it stayed true to the second part of its name and did not go down without a fight.
    “We had a friendly, professional dialogue going back and forth, trying to find a solution, for nine months,” says Hood. “We do know there was some concern expressed about the appearance of bell ringers. I said if image is an issue, we can fix it — if there is a bell ringer who is an embarrassment to your brand, then he or she is an embarrassment to our brand. We know we can get those issues fixed.”
    Instead, says Hood, simply, “We lost.”

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Thanks Brian, the whole “If you allow one you have to allow all” thing made me think the entire Target legal team came free in a cracker-jack box.

Interesting how that did read, though:

Quote:

the company issued a statement, saying it was receiving an increasing number of solicitation requests and had to draw the line.

That seems to say their policy is not a blanket “no soliciting,” but rather a, “we pick and chose, and Salvation Army is out.” My guess is that there’s a 99% probability that this was in response to customer complaints. My old office mate used to complain about the bell ringers every December, and I’m sure he’s not alone (sad as that is).

And yes… Target chicks are way hotter than Wal-Mart chicks.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

And yes… Target chicks are way hotter than Wal-Mart chicks.

John send me your e-mail address in a PM I think you might change your mind.

annmarie
    Des Moines, IA

I’ll forward you Targets official response tomorrow. I have to forward it from work to home.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.