knife sharpening

• John Luebker

Well I was getting all my hunting stuff ready last night for the up coming weekend and went to grab my hunting knife and remembered it was as dull as a spoon last year. So I was wondering if anyone in the area knows of a spot to take your hunting knife to get sharpened. It has a serrated blade.

Thanks

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

John,

I would spend the money on a knife sharpener rather than taking it somewhere….Stop over at ACE or someplace and pick one up….Sharpening a knife is pretty simple….

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Color me ignorant, but how does one go about sharpening a serated knife blade?

I have my Buck knives sharpened at Tri-State Bait & Tackle in La Crescent. He does a good job.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I must have missed that last sentence

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Blue fleck, do they still have that mounted beaver at the baitshop?, its been years since i’ve been in there, atleast 8.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Yep, he’s still got it. It sure is a big critter, but not as big as the one my Dad got the same year.

John Luebker

Quote:

Color me ignorant, but how does one go about sharpening a serated knife blade?

I have my Buck knives sharpened at Tri-State Bait & Tackle in La Crescent. He does a good job.

Blue – I am assuming yours is serated too? Mind me asking about how much he charges?

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I found this at Cabelas On-Line: The Model 460 claims to sharpen serrated blades. Cost is $30.

Link

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

John,

Mine aren’t serrated. I’m not too sure he does serrated knives. My advice would be to call him. 895-2000

John Luebker

thanks Blue – and you are right – he doesn’t do serrated.

Looks like I might have to take Comanchero15 advice. Thanks for doing the research for me

Fborg
    Altoona, WI

Check out your local meat market – they know how to do it..right the first time..FA

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

I bought a Chef’s Choice Diamond Hone Knife sharpener a few years ago. (Edge Select 120) Best damn knife sharpener I’ve ever used. And I’ve used a few!
    It’ll shapen your knife so well, you can shave with it. And thats no bull!
    Best of all, it’ll do it in less than a minute.
    JWB

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.