deep fryer problems, someone help!!!

• thompkevin
    Austin Mn

I used my deep fryer a couple of times this summer to fry up some fresh bass and now I cannot get the taste of fish out of my fryer. I washed it and soaked it for 3 hours and changed the oil but the new oil still has that fishy taste to it. does anyone know how to get rid of the fishy taste because it is transfering itself into everything I deep fry and fishy fries dont taste that good.

carpking
    Janesville, WI.

Clean the fryer with lemon juice.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Deep fried fish with lemon

I can’t pass that one up

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Vinegar should also do it.

casygram
    DeWitt, IA

I’ve heard several people claim that frying potatoes in oil previously used to fry fish will neutralize the fish odor.
    We’ve tried it and I believe. Warning: I tend to be gullible. I do use baking soda to “sweeten” fish coolers.
    Have to ask. Did you burn or overheat the oil?

Charlie

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

You deep fryed bass??
    Nope won’t help you.
    Good luck.

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

Hey CC

If they were Large mouth use lemon juice

If they were Smallies use vinegar.

If any of the above mentioned were over 18 inches I would just throw the Fryer out..The taste will never be removed.

Vinegar should do it for you. Soak it in vinegar Do not heat it up. Sorry should have been more exact. One cup to a gallon of water. Should do the trick.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

CAUTION!

Using anything other than oil could cause serious boil over and burns!

If you do decide to use viniger or lemon juice and water…don’t take your eyes off of it for a minute….it will look like it’s not ready to boil and literally seconds later…will be boiling over on hopefully your floor and not your dog …don’t want think of the other alternatives.

Maybe I’m jumping the gun and you weren’t planning on heating it up…good idea!!!!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

You deep fryed bass??
    Nope won’t help you.
    Good luck.

I don’t care what you point of view is… negitive Comments about legally caught and eaten fish are plain rude, if you don’t like something you don’t have to say it. Keep it to yourself from now on.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Nick…I think Brian MN has a valid point…just a couple weeks ago there was a boat dead in the water so I went to help…as I got closer, I could see the B.A.S.S. patches on their jackets…I stopped right there and started trolling for walleyes… Actually the one fella had a red jacket on and the other one a white…I paused for a moment wondering which one would show a scum line easier… (sorry SB! )

Nick, I think Brian was just poking a little fun towards bass fisherman as we all do with all specis…except for cat fish and catfisherman…

But it does show how the written word can be taken two or more ways. It does help to use the Graemlins to help get the correct message across.

Ps Why anyone would want to fry bass is beyond me too…unless he was cooking them for his freinds …saving the walleye for himself…. Is that Vinni I hear knocking at my door?

thompkevin
    Austin Mn

thanks brian, your a big help!!! I am actualy an eye’s fisherman but me and my son were out fishing and caught some bass that he wanted to keep and I couldn’t say no. Thanks to everyone else who were a little more helpfull than others.

tpntp

Funny thread.

The only way you could still taste the bass after changing the oil and cleaning the thing is if….you heated the thing up way too hot and scorched the metal, thereby burning the taste into the unit itself.

If this is the case, then you need to soak the frypan in either lemon juice or white vinager over night. Don’t heat it up and try to clean it, just soak it for several hours.

This will remove the,”scorched”, layer and then with new oil, you should be ready to go!

“just cook some walleye in it” LMAO!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

I am actualy an eye’s fisherman

Sure Canyon….Sure….

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Actually the one fella had a red jacket on and the other one a white…I paused for a moment wondering which one would show a scum line easier… (sorry SB! )

i don’t even have anything to say….lol

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

then i must me too

Cattin_Addict

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.