Aqua view

• Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Thinking about asking for a aqua view camera for christmas, would be used both for ice/open water. Anyone have a recommendation for one model over the other?

Thanks

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

ritt, Christmas came early for me this year….well…sort of. I bought a used Marcum 500. I have a couple friends that had them so I knew what I was getting.

Just remember what ever one you get…. on the river in water over 15 feet you can only see about 3 inches in front of the camera. Not that i’m say don’t get one…but if you think you can see what the marks are on your locator in 50 feet of water…you will be disapponted.

On the other hand, I’ve used mine this year to figure out what I’m seeing on my new locator. One thing that surpised me is that I can pick up clams in sand with the locator…without a camera I would have thought they were just rocks.

So again my point here is…before you go plop down several hundered bucks for a camera…make sure you know what they can and can’t do and how it’s going to help your fishing.

Aquaview and Marcum are both good…I prefer the Marcum.

scottsteil
    Central MN

I would suggest you look into Marcum also. I am going with the 560 this year.

PatNagle

I second Marcum, I have been using their cameras since tehy came out and I believe they are a better value. More importantly, I think they are better designed for fishermen. The case covers the entire unit, they now have a camera that spins inside of the camera housing, this means that the cable will not move when you turn the camera. All Marcum models have multiple lighting options included as well as the best ice fishing suspension going. In my mind hands down the best camera out there.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I’ll sell you my aquaview when the 560 finally makes it out Seriously I bought an aqua view at the time because it was a great price, I wanted a camera to play with and the 560 wasn’t out yet. For the money, I think the aqua views have a good place, (for the cheaper ones), but I think the 460/560 kick butt for technology so far with there camera that moves within it’s own housing, instead moving the whole camera pod, check them out, you’ll see why everyone is saying marcum…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.