fishing trip

• annmarie
    Des Moines, IA

My father, brother and I are planning on going fishing somewhere in southern MN for a quick 3 day trip on the 25th-27th of Sept. Does anyone have any suggestions on where the fishing has been decent and prices are reasonable for a cabin and boat motor rental. We will be traveling from NW Iowa and don’t want to travel much more than 4 or 5 hours away. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

IMHO, you’re just as well off to hit Okoboji and Spirit Lake this time of year. But, if you really want to get our of the state for some MN fishing, I like Ottertail County in MN. It’s about a 5 hour drive on HWY 75 or you can take I29 and back track east at Wahpeton, ND. There is a nice resort on Pelican Lake in Ashby, MN that has sleepers and kitchenettes for reasonable prices this time of year (cabins for a little more $). Ashby Resort

It’s a good bass and walleye lake, and all the usual supects are present in this shallow water lake. Fish are not hard to find there due to the shallow waters (25 feet max depth).

One other resort in the area is Battle View Landing on West Battle Lake. The cabins are about $450 per week. Not the greatest set up but pretty cheap as far as a place to crash when you’re not fishing.

Good luck!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Scott, the first place that comes to my mind is Everett’s on P4 of the miss. Jump over to the sippi eye forum and check out there banner ad.

It will have all you asked for and Steve will put you on fish!

Because it’s the river…you never know what or how big of a fish you are going to catch!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.